Summer Hols & Children

Pregnant, giving birth, looking for nurseries, schools, or simply want to share advice with other parents in Andalucia? Find out more on this forum.
wenchyh

Summer Hols & Children

Postby wenchyh » Tue May 09, 2006 6:20 pm

Hi

Can anyone help.....We have recently moved near to Gibraltar, our daughter goes to a spanish school which breaks up at the end of June for the summer. We have managed to get some of our family over to help with childcare for a few weeks but this doesn't cover the summer holiday hardly at all.

My question is...What do working families do with their children over the long summer break. My husband and i both work, we need somewhere to take my daughter from 9am-5pm mon-fri.

Does anyone know of any local clubs, nursary's or activity centres that are open during the summer and cater for this market????

Surely not every person here has a relitive living here that can babysit on demand !!!

We need somewhere in or around the Gibraltar area, for the times and days above, if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks all.

WenchyH

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Tue May 09, 2006 7:33 pm

Find info at the school, about the summer camps.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

mijas-lady
Resident

Postby mijas-lady » Mon May 15, 2006 3:52 pm

HI
Most spanish schools i know have a summer club for about 20€ a week
The schools only start to adverise this about middle of june!

costachick
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby costachick » Tue May 16, 2006 12:37 am

As the others said it's more than likely that your school will offer a summer camp 9- 2 you don't have to opt for your schools camp you can also look into other school's, some may offer commedor which will give you an extra 2 hrs, 9-4 ..

yummymummy
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby yummymummy » Tue May 16, 2006 9:43 pm

How old is your daughter? I have heard of a great nursery or activity centre (not sure which) called rumble tumble or something like that in Sotogrande. I´ll find out the name and pm you...

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed May 17, 2006 6:30 pm

A Spanish friend would like to send her daughter (10 years old)to an English speaking summer camp in Spain.....does anyone know of one in Spain.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed May 17, 2006 7:45 pm

Many of the international colleges have them, don't know about the quality! The English International College in Marbella, seen them having trips out to the beach in July. Think there is one in Puerto de santa maria too.

pilgrim
Andalucia.com Amigo

holidays activities

Postby pilgrim » Wed May 17, 2006 8:08 pm

yummymummy its www.ruffntumble.org you are looking for I think, Nadine is the name and I do have a phone number somewhere but I imagine its on the Web Site

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu May 18, 2006 12:15 pm

Thank you katy..