RAF Regiment Band

Suggestions and comments for entertainment, nightlife, ferias and culture in Andalucia.
curatokid
Resident

RAF Regiment Band

Postby curatokid » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:27 pm

Will be playing at the open air theatre in Paloma park Benalmadena on monday 28th August at 10 pm, admission costs just 12 euros, we went last year and I can recomend it for a good night out, they play all kinds of music, take a cushion to sit on as its hard on the bum.

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:32 pm

We went last year and this year too. Both nights were terrific, although the first 15 minutes this year were accompanied by the applause from the Dolphin Show. Next year is booked for the main RAF band - should be even better - tickets from RAFA in Benalmadena. If anyone needs contact info, please post.

detourer
Resident

Postby detourer » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:17 pm

Are they still playing somewhere near?

meseta
Andalucia.com Amigo

RAFA Band 2007

Postby meseta » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:26 pm

The full programme of events organised by the Royal Air Force Association
( Benalmadena Branch ) for 2007 is here

http://www.rafabenalmadena.co.uk/events.php

The Band Concert for 2007 is on the Tuesday the 28th August at 2100, at Paloma Park, Benalmadena.

Please PM me if you would like further information on any of these events.

It's all for a good cause, so please help.

Thank you.

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:07 pm

We have been the last two years and it is a superb concert. Book early as it has been full both years. PS Curato: I don't think you are allowed to write bum on this forum, I am surprised admain missed it. Perhaps it is now considered innocuous, and so it should be. You can also book with RAFA who have a stall at Mijas Pueblo on Mijas International Day on Saturday. The whole day is worth a visit - food, drinks, and entertainers from all over the world.

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:23 pm

Just had a call from RAFA chairman- concert cancelled as band marooned in Gibraltar, with no hope of entry. Chairman is trying to contact all ticket holders for full refund. D**n - it would have been a great night. :cry:

curatokid
Resident

Postby curatokid » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:30 pm

I was told that someone at the MOD in London did not apply to the spanish authorities for clearance to allow the band to enter Spain as they are a military force, there will be an enquiry into it in London, sadly the concert will not be until next year, seems a c--k up to me, it wonders me how they run the country, or do they ???