Exchange Rates

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Exchange Rates

Postby anyroads » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:13 am

Just back from a week in Ibiza, I saw various rates for Euros against STG advertised.

What rates are currently available in the Andalucia region ?

Anyroads

toddcl
Resident

Postby toddcl » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:18 am

Depends how much you are changing?
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into the collective

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:19 pm

I find maxy in Fuengirola very good. saw some good rates offered in Nerja but not very good when you take sevice charge off. advertised as no comm but went from 1.44 to 1.32 net. robbing bas=====. In fuengi what you see on board is what you get net

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:07 pm

I have advised many friends to get themselves a Nationwide debit card and use this at the "hole-in-the-wall".
You get full commercial rates and no commission or usage charge (from Nationwide).
Check any charge the machine itself may make before commotting to the transaction!!

The currency exchange shops now find themselves restricted (in that the rest of Europe now use euros anyway) and it is mainly British punters who have to "subsidise" these shops!!

Gus

alisonb
Resident

Postby alisonb » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:44 pm

I'll second Gus' comment about Nationwide debit card - I used mine on 26th Oct to draw out 300 euros and my statement shows a charge of £201.37 - an exchange rate of 1.489. You just need to remember - some cash machines offer to process the transaction in sterling. You must say no to this, otherwise you get a much worse rate. I get the same rate if I buy something on my Nationwide credit card, but you still pay cash advance fee if you withdraw money
AlisonB