it's raining, it's pouring

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gavilan
Andalucia Guru

it's raining, it's pouring

Postby gavilan » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:04 pm

here in the Axarquia Alta we have had torrential rain all day ... is it like that where you are?

pwwm
Resident

Postby pwwm » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:06 pm

Here in Costa Tropical pouring as well, and I had to run a diving course, ok I know you get wet in the water but out of it is another story :?

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:08 pm

Here in Marbella the other week a lady died because a wall was forced on her by water, basements have filled with water, roads flooded, many accidents and utter chaos today.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:16 pm

It is rather wet in the Guadalhorce Valley. Hopefully the 'lakes' will soon become lakes again.

melandsharon

Postby melandsharon » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:23 pm

its here too rain rain rain

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:56 pm

The river just outside our garden was completely dry yesterday, this morning its about a metre and half and raging. Countryside looks superb now but getting a bit fed up of the gloom.

caroig
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby caroig » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:06 pm

Here too, but more like a English November day, much needed just unpleasant.
This is what it's currently doing in my back yard.

ron
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby ron » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:59 pm

Here in Brentwood its been dry and reasonable :?

gretch
Resident

Postby gretch » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:25 am

My friends well was getting rather low; he said he was going to try something. He washed his car, washed the windows then lit a barbeque.

This was a week ago, it hasn’t stopped raining since :shock:

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Postby anyroads » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:40 am

"Here too, but more like a English November day"

I will have you know Caroig that we still have a hose pipe ban here in Hampshire.

October was the warmest since records began and stiill no rain as such in November to date.

Anyroads

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:52 am

well its a tad wet here as beach says. the fillafranco - alhaurin road is closed, theres floods in cartama pueblo, theres flooded roads everywhere, tracks have had their contents washed onto the road, i´ve personally attended two accidents today, one rear end shunt, i translated for the local police, and one womans car was washed down the road and stopped balanced on a high kerb (what inventive use of a forklift truck to get that off of there ;) )

what a nightmare..

welcome to spain, where the sun always shines :roll:

freecatsrus
Resident

Postby freecatsrus » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:57 am

We also have had torrential rain all day, on and off for the past couple of days.
The streets in our village have been like rivers.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:38 am

Last night driving..could hardly see a thing..it was raining so hard..and there was no way to find a puddleless part of road or pavement..just one step filled up a shoe... saw flood disasters on TV of Fuengirola, Marbella and east Malaga.. red alert...the same today...its very drab..
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

teralin
Resident

Postby teralin » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:24 am

Last night was the worst for us. I live high up on a hill overlooking Velez Malaga. It has rained non-stop for what seems like forever. Last night we found ourselves in the middle of a thunderstorm with lightening flashing above, below and around us and the rain was torrential. On the plus side, my pool is now full. I often compain about the miserable amount of water my well produces (300 litres per day) and until now I nevr realised just how much rainwater I could collect from my roof. I am now going to arrange for some form of gutter at the rear of the house to channel the water into my underground deposito. Problem sorted!!

By the way, is this normal for October? Also, how do I stop the rain washing away the platform that my house is built on. I am concerned that one day I will step out of the door and into my neighbours garden below.

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:49 am

I suppose all this rain is going to well and truly test out the work I did to ensure that no dampness permeates the bedrooms from the roof terrace :-(

Gus

jane grant

Postby jane grant » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:22 pm

I know we need the rain, but why oh why does it have to wash most of the top 10cm of earth off the olive groves over the road! Given up cleaning the car again!

blondie
Resident

Postby blondie » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:40 pm

Night before last the underground parking where I live totally flooded up to over a metre high. Around 20 cars, including my motorbike and car were all pretty much wrecked, inside and out, and I think my car might be a right off. Trouble is where do we stand and to who do we speak?

Would the block have an insurance or would it be the developers fault ?

I am devastated

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:45 pm

It's poured here for 3 days - very drab and overcast but at least it's cooler. My husband did warn me not to put the washing out on Sunday morning but I didn't listen.

Nice to report that the sun is out now and drying up the riverbed that was the garden last week.

It's good that we've had lots of rain at the moment because it's very much needed, but the downside is that the builders have yet another excuse for not finishing off our house - already 3 months overdue! :cry:
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:48 pm

That's awful Blondie - hope it all gets sorted out for you - I can imagine how bad you feel. Would your car insurance cover this?
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:59 pm

blondie..:cry::cry::cry:...you could try to report your loss at the town hall...and they will tell you what to do...take all the photos you can as well... ask the others what they are doing.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.