Olympic Swimming Pool

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
toddcl
Resident

Olympic Swimming Pool

Postby toddcl » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:18 pm

My darling wife is half mermaid crossed with a dolphin and has spent her life swimming, working in pools and managing pools. She swims that imposable stroke Butterfly and is fretting that she will shrivel and die without her swimming. Alcaudete has a pool but is is only open in the summer and is 20% chlorine.

Anyway

We shall be moving to Alcaudete in the Jaen province and I found a news snippet saying an Olympic covered pool was to be built in Jaen.

I have tried searching for more information but all I get is house sales with pools and Jaen Olympic archery etc.

Can any of you locate any info on this elusive Olympic pool in Jaen?
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into the collective

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:34 pm

Take a look at this page it shows piscinas by town in Jaen
http://www.instalacionesdeportivas.es/g ... -jaen.html
scroll down and search for Piscina olimpica municipal...cubierta.. covered deportivo / large pool size... that will keep you busy for a while.
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

dawncl
Tourist

Postby dawncl » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:51 pm

Hi Silver

Thanks for that link. I have searched through and there are a number of 50 metre size pools (Olympic size), however non of them appear to be covered which means that they will only be open in the summer school holidays. Looks like I may have to get a wet suit and go swimming in the nearest lake.

The other half of Todd

Moving Soon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Moving Soon » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:15 pm

Are there any private health clubs/gyms in your area that have a decent sized indoor pool?

We have a 25m public indoor pool in Velez-Malaga but it is heavily used for school swimming lessons and aquafit classes, and I think would be so busy in school holidays that it wouldn't be much use for "serious" swimming, so I have chosen to join a nearby health club with a 20m indoor pool - may get dizzy but at least it'll be adults only and in my experience a lot quieter.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Postby hillybilly » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:32 pm

There appear to be 2 piscinas climatizadas in Jaen itself: Las Fuentezuelas and La Salobreja. Both municipal.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:39 pm

Moving soon, which health centre do you use? The pool sounds good!

Moving Soon
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Moving Soon » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:14 pm

It will be Club Sensei at Torre del Mar (across the road from the bus station and one block back). You can get a day pass (was 7E, don't know if it has gone up since last year) to try it out before joining.

Centro Deportivo La Vega in Torre (across the road from Hotel Mainake) is good as well but was quite a lot more expensive.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:18 pm

Thanks. Next time I persuade myself to take some excersise, I'll give it a go.