Unusual topic - Looking for a hall in Andalucia - anywhere!!

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
PaulF

Unusual topic - Looking for a hall in Andalucia - anywhere!!

Postby PaulF » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:21 pm

Hi everyone,

Firstly, my apologies for posting a new thread just to ask a one off question but this really is the only way I can think of.

What I am looking for is rather unusual.

I am a dancer (ballroom etc) and together with my partner we are looking to take a week long break to somewhere nice so that we can get some intensive practice done during the day and enjoy the area by night.

The problem, which is an eternal one back here in London, is finding a suitable hard-floored hall in which to practice (and at a reasonable cost). Its nigh on impossible in London so we thought we would look into taking a short break and combining the two.

Needless to say I wouldn't have a clue how to go about finding, and booking, a hall in Andalucia.

I am looking for a hardwood floor in a hall of minimum 11metres x 11metres (36ft x 36ft) or something around there. We would be looking to hire it out all day for about 7 consecutive days.

I know this is a long shot but any help would be very much appreciated.

As crazy as this sounds it doesnt even have to be in Andalucia. Anywhere in Europe would be fine. :)

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 6:34 pm

Most of the Town Halls have a hall which is used for dancing, yoga etc. don't know if they will be costly though. I used to go to sevillana lessons (flamenco) in Fuengirola and they were held in a room at the back of a bar and was big enough for about 12 people, don't remember it being a wooden floor though. Probably not many wooden floors around ??

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:01 pm

There are many of the larger restaurants and hotels that have what we would call a function suite - where they hold parties for weddings, baptisms etc. You may struggle with a wooden floor - wood costs an arm and a leg out here, whereas tiles are 'más barrato' ! Not sure what the waltz would be like on slippery tiles, going by what I have seen only "Strictly Come Dancing". :)
At this moment it is difficult to imagine katy in a room at the back of a bar - how common!!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:05 pm

"Barato" only has one R, nice try though.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:42 pm

take a look at this web..if you understand spanish
http://www.deflamenco.com/sitios/verSit ... odigo=1857
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:00 pm

Posibilidad de alquilar(rent) estudios.. para ensayos (for practice)...
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

meseta
Andalucia.com Amigo

contact

Postby meseta » Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:56 am

if you pm me your phone number I'll pass it on to the folks who run the TAPAS ( The Andalucia Perfoming Arts Society ) dance classes, they may be able to help you.

PaulF

Postby PaulF » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:46 am

Hi everyone,

Thankyou so much for your advice. I really appreciate it.

As it turns out we are going to stay put in the UK and just have a short break to Scotland to practice. A bit of a world away from Andalucia (and much colder :) ) but its a little closer.

Thanks again for your advice.