Bedding

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
swerve
Resident

Bedding

Postby swerve » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:59 pm

Can anyone advise whether it is cheaper to buy bedding/quilts etc in Spain (Velez-Malaga) and if so where can we purchase such items.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

toddcl
Resident

Postby toddcl » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:02 pm

We had this problem. Spanish bedding is not brilliant.

We purchased some of those vacuum bags and packed quilts and bedding in them. It's amazing how much you can get in when you suck all the air out. 8)
Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated into the collective

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:48 pm

I don't think much of the Spanish bedding either so brought all ours out in 'sucky' bags. Our main bed is superking and Spanish don't seem to go to this size. When I come to replace then I'll either get them sent out from the mill in the UK or buy from a selection of English-type shops that stock all colours and sizes.
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

jennyshaw
Resident

Postby jennyshaw » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:24 pm

When we were looking at property the agent gave us a tip and said that the duvets etc. were quite expensive in Spain so everytime we went over to Spain we took some duvets and covers over with us, the duvets are very light, just bulky, but when you are going for just a long weekend you can use up your baggage allowance on them.
Jenny

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:42 pm

expensive? in dunns stores fuengerola / mijas costa a 13.5 tog double duvet and two pillows is only 27€ .. whats that about 18 quid?? how is that expensive ?

keddyboy
Resident

Postby keddyboy » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:02 pm

And for your information they also do Superking sizes contrary to a previous posting.
Keddyboy
Never do today what you can leave until tomorrow.

masterob
Andalucia Guru

Postby masterob » Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:42 am

Carrefour also sell perfectly acceptable duvets at a reasonable price.

Shukran
Resident

Postby Shukran » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:14 pm

keddyboy wrote:And for your information they also do Superking sizes contrary to a previous posting.
Not around here they don't.
Since I gave up hope I feel much better!

Babby
Resident

Postby Babby » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:28 pm

We bought a lovely duvet from Ronda - I think it was Supersol - fantastic and it was under 40 euros (feather/down). Size 1.50m wide (kingsize) which is ample for our bed.
I used to be indecisive but now I´m not so sure.

jennyshaw
Resident

Postby jennyshaw » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:36 pm

I'm with Shukran, not round our way either, you don't get the big stores near us.
The cheapest I have seen around here for a duvet is 40 Euro.
Jenny

Babby
Resident

Postby Babby » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:42 pm

It was the way it was worded "the Spanish don´t ....." that was maybe confusing. Maybe to clarify it may be better "in Baza or wherever, it is not possible to buy....."
I used to be indecisive but now I´m not so sure.

rymanskid
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby rymanskid » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:28 am

you could try "Dunnes" store I think you have one in the retail park just of the A7 at velez certainly the large one we have in Fuengirola is very good for british bedding

alisonb
Resident

Bedding

Postby alisonb » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:03 pm

Eroski at Velez have an offer on duvets at the minute- feather and down I think, and the king size is only 44 euros. I brought mine over from UK - from Costco - pure down for about £75.
For bedding, there's a shop with some lovely stuff in Torre del Mar. Can't remember it's name, but it's between Pasa Tiempo (English book shop) and Cafe Eden - overlooking the Thursday market. They've got some beautiful bedding in, but a lot of the double/king duvet sets come with bolster case rather than pillowcases. We tried a bolster, but we ended up fighting over it, so went back to pillows.
Nicest set of bedding I ever had in UK came from TK Maxx - make was Atrivm, which is a Spanish make. Their bedding is really good quality, but not cheap. T del M shop has quite a bit of it in.
Our bedroom is lemon and blue, and we couldn't find any suitable bedding anywhere, so I decided to make my own. At the minute, Palacio de la Telas at Malaga Airport has tons of furnishing fabrics, voiles etc for 1 euro per metre. It's usually 5, but until end of February, it's only 1. It's incredible value and well worth a visit.
AlisonB

[email protected]
Tourist

Postby [email protected] » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:52 am

Dunnes Stores & Eroski in IlGenio Shopping centre in velez Malaga stock very good bedding, duvets, quilts etc.
We have just purchased a town house in Velez Malaga, mainly for holidays. Would like to make contact with english speaking residents in the area. Also did'nt notice many restaurants when we were there in December, any recommendations.?

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:31 pm

Thanks everyone for the replies were just taking some with us for now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

Robbbo57
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Robbbo57 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:20 am

Bedding????????? What's that fancy "City" talk....... We don't have such things in this Land..........straw, lad....it was good enough for me.....be thankful you got that.........and move over, the dogs are coming back................
Smile - you're going to die!:-)

Heston
Resident

Bedding

Postby Heston » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:43 pm

On the Costas Safeways (now morrisons) in Gib is good and a few weeks ago had quilts in very cheap...if more inland Ikea in Sevilla good too

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:05 am

Buy all our bedding - quilts and sheets etc. - at Dunnes at El Ingenio Velez Malaga.

Well priced, all sizes, various fillings, designs to suit all tastes and it all washes very well. English sized pillows + cases too.

Generally great bedding bargains when Dunnes have a sale.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:32 am

I think Dunnes is ok. Used to order all mine from John Lewis as the king sized here didn't fit the bed then found super-king in Dunnes.