Alternative ideas to combat climate change.

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
spanish hopes

Alternative ideas to combat climate change.

Postby spanish hopes » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:36 pm

Not wanting to detract from the serious argument ongoing in another thread. Has anyone got any ideas to help combat global warming?

Not the burnt out tax grabbing ideas we have already had, but something innovative looked at from a fresh angle.

I'll start with a couple of gems of genius:

1, Everyone in the world who owns a fridge, fill a couple of ice trays with sea water. freeze them and at a predetermined time (allowing for different time zones), throw them back into the sea. As they melt they will cool things down and as they originally came from the sea should not cause sea levels to rise. Brilliant eh?

2, When we take the ice cubes from our fridges, leave the fridge doors open for half an hour. ( Multi-tasking and using the energy already exerted by opening the door in the first place).

Grouser
Resident

Postby Grouser » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:17 pm

Light your farts to burn the methane and better still, those of any cows or hippos you might happen to be passing.
Grouser

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:42 pm

I saw quite a few hippos walking along the Fuengirola paseo this morning, dressed in remarkably tight Union Jack shorts, see through blouses with different colour bras and tattoos. Fortunately I did not have a cigarette lighter to hand otherwise there could have been quite an explosion.
Krakatoa II.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:20 am

Seed the clouds with factor 15 sun block!

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:11 am

Take longer holidays! Why fly 10 times for 5 long weekends when you can go on holiday for 5 weeks and only fly twice :D Less chance of the plane crashing as well :shock:

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:05 am

I like yours cassandra it appeals to my green credentials. :lol: :lol:

I once read that if you crash it isn't hitting the ground which kills you, it's the bounce. So remember that when you hit the ground grab onto the grass before you bounce. :lol:

citymike
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby citymike » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:53 pm

alaninspain wrote:I saw quite a few hippos walking along the Fuengirola paseo this morning, dressed in remarkably tight Union Jack shorts, see through blouses with different colour bras and tattoos. Fortunately I did not have a cigarette lighter to hand otherwise there could have been quite an explosion.
Krakatoa II.
Alan, I can imagine that when you saw these people you were quite rightly disgusted. You would probably have been correct if you considered these people inferior to yourself.

These people sound so horrible that it was probably too difficult to hide your feelings. I can inagine that your face was contorted with disgust and your lips pursed with disapproval. In fact, I imagine that at that moment there was little to distinguish you from Hyacynth Bucket at a working men's club.

Actually, if you live in Benalmadena then you probably travel to Fuengirola quite often and so encounter people like this on a regular basis. I wonder if the Spanish in Fuengirola think that you have the face of someone who has sucked a bag full of lemons....or maybe they just think that you're a snob.

Please tell

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:17 pm

alaninspain wrote:I saw quite a few hippos walking along the Fuengirola paseo this morning, dressed in remarkably tight Union Jack shorts, see through blouses with different colour bras and tattoos. Fortunately I did not have a cigarette lighter to hand otherwise there could have been quite an explosion.
Krakatoa II.
That was me and my mates. :o

The shorts are tight because they only do them up to a size 18/20 being a bit of a seamstress I've quite cleverly sewn a gusset into mine to make them into a 24/26. Coloured bras under see through blouses are in mate so just get with-it.

Cigarette lighter is in the post. :wink: :lol:

safeashouses
Resident

Postby safeashouses » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:20 pm

Cassandra wrote:Take longer holidays! Why fly 10 times for 5 long weekends when you can go on holiday for 5 weeks and only fly twice :D Less chance of the plane crashing as well :shock:
Excellent idea. Bet it's making Richard Branson scratch his head though. You might not be in the running for his huge 'invention' payout. :lol:

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:49 pm

or maybe they just think that you're a snob.
Here come the black pots and kettles again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Robbbo57
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Robbbo57 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:16 am

Don't waste electricity posting stupid responses................
Smile - you're going to die!:-)

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:12 am

Robbbo57 wrote:Don't waste electricity posting stupid responses................
This is going to be good, quick run and hide Image
"A soul afraid of dying will never live"

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:59 pm

Krakatoa II.
This one was spotted in Duquesa.............. Nice belly button Image

"A soul afraid of dying will never live"

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:52 pm

:shock: Has she run out of slimfast :?

yomper
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby yomper » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:01 am

yomper

tha great stroller