Spanish Websites

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Spanish Websites

Postby katy » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:47 pm

Does anyone else find most of them useless? They either freeze-up just as you are putting in credit card details or if it accepts them I often receive phone calls we haven't this in stock will you take...??

Last week I checked in online with Iberia for a Madrid flight, mine went through without any problem, good seat. When I tried to check in my friend it just wouldn't accept it, arrive at check in and nearly all the seats were taken, my friend was the very back row.

Our post code was changed over a year ago and none of the sites I have used will accept it so I have to use the old one!

samizdat
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby samizdat » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:59 pm

yes, i found spanish ones are crap as well. Interesting Caja Rural recently launched a english website, which enables you to internet bank perfectly well. However when you switch to the spanish one, if just gives up and locks up. Same an Banco Santandar's.

:roll:

When I asked the manager he told me that the spanish don't care to use the internet as they don't trust it, so they didn't put much effort into the site, then they received overwhelming demand from british and dutch customers so commissioned an entirely new interactive site for their sole use.!

flan_taster
Resident

Postby flan_taster » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:59 pm

Spanish railways site is poor. If you want to do a search for times for a journey, for example, and it happens not to be on a direct route, you get nada. No actually you get : No hay Trayecto directo. So both Spanish and other nationalities suffer.
Whereas if you use other search engines such as German railways, you get information needed to work out where and when you can change trains !
http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en
Even UK National Rail website gives you all the details required for a long journey.

mijas bound
Resident

Postby mijas bound » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:07 am

Oh Katy,
you really are bored, aren't you, hope you're feeling better 8)
Via con DIABLO

Robbbo57
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Robbbo57 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:38 am

mijas bound wrote:Oh Katy,
you really are bored, aren't you, hope you're feeling better 8)
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!! Spot on!!!!

Anyone else fed up with expats with nothing better to do but whinge? What a site! - Hilarious!

I had this builder in the other week and I 've been here two years now and I still haven't received my brain from the UK honestly the Spanish postal service and have you seen the way they drive and they dont say please or thank you here and the way they build a wall cor blimey the trouble you get just trying to receive the BBC and the electrics...don't get me started... eeh and last week me water went off for two hours and its not the same kind of water anyway but those gas bottles blow up don't they and why can't you get a proper hot water bottle for under 8 euros and they all speak this funny language and............
Smile - you're going to die!:-)

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:36 am

Have you been bugging my conversations with expat tradespeople Robbo?

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

Megan
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Megan » Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:06 am

Robbbo57 wrote:
Anyone else fed up with expats with nothing better to do but whinge? What a site! - Hilarious!

SNIP >>>>>>>>>>>>>

and they dont say please or thank you here

Robbbo57, my question and as far as I can tell, the informative replies to the thread, wasn't a whinge. :roll: :roll:
Meg - Sunny by nature

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:13 am

I think it is unfair just to blame the Spanish Post service for losing your brain. I tried to send mine, and the British Post Office sent me a letter saying I had not put enough postage on it so it had been destroyed. They did say there would be no point claiming as it was useless anyway. :lol: :lol: :lol:

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:20 am

Its as good a topic as "self-raising flour" and "Brit-shops" instead of making sarky/nasty comments about topics that don't interest you why not start you own.

spanish hopes

Postby spanish hopes » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:56 am

katy wrote:Its as good a topic as "self-raising flour" and "Brit-shops" instead of making sarky/nasty comments about topics that don't interest you why not start you own.
Probably because he knows it will generally get ignored and this is the only way he can be involved in a thread which actually gets viewed katy. :lol: