La Viñuela weather station warning

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
gavilan
Andalucia Guru

La Viñuela weather station warning

Postby gavilan » Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:57 am

the warning reads ...

'from Wednesday afternoon are guests (their spelling not mine!) with more than 80km/h possible'

is this what is meant by a 'flying visit'?!

mickhick

Postby mickhick » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:16 pm

We're in the hills above Los Romanes and I think they have underestimated!!! Daren't let the dogs out as they'll end up in the Med.....

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:39 pm

They got it wrong!

We recorded over 100km/hr on our weather station just before it disintegrated and the whole car port fell on our cars with serious damage!

Tomorrow it will be interesting to see who pays - the house insurance - Allianz - or the car insurance - Linea Directa.

Sid

Paula
Andalucia Guru

Postby Paula » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:09 pm

Its whipping up a bit here on the coast. I´ve only just replaced all the broken pots and plants in my garden from the last high winds. :(

Sandramay
Resident

Postby Sandramay » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:21 pm

Sorry to hear of your trouble Cid. Hope the insurance companies play fair. We are wondering if our little "shack in Spain" is still standing. Hope our roof has not ended up in your garden! We have been there when the "wind from hell" has been blowing and waking to a carpet of fruit on the ground and the patio furniture smashed :( Certainly earns the description of "Where the wolf howls"
We anticipated being out again on the 13th, but have had to postpone until the 19th because of further hospital treatment. Hasta. :)
Sandramay

k
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby k » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:10 am

Not wishing to get ito any debate on climate. from your /neighbours experiance, is that 'normal' or expected occasionaly, even if expectected every so many years ?
PS. Having experianced this iin UK this year, I hope you have all survived the xperiance with limited costs.

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:44 am

Good luck with your claim Cid.

Have lived here for over 4 years and, although we often get high winds, have never known a night like last night.

brenda
Resident

Postby brenda » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:42 am

15 broken roof tiles, a pool full of broken tiles/soil/debris, broken terrace wall tiles, broken trees and a hubby who cannot do any manual work! Think Im going to be kept busy for the next few days!!! Sorry to moan - I know this is peanuts compared with damage some people have, especially you Cid - just don´t know where to start!!!

Hey ho, could be FAR worse.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:59 am

How awful. I've been very lucky, seen to have lost sky TV though.
Good luck with all your repairs Brenda and Cid.

meseta
Andalucia.com Amigo

sky signal loss

Postby meseta » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:22 am

We lost the signal on our sky Wednesday evening, I assume due to high winds. This morning, Thursday, the 8th , we are still without it.
Signal strength and quality appear to be at normal levels but after a few seconds of "searching..... " we get the message no satellite signal is being received. Any advice please ?

Many thanks

Troglodyfae
Resident

Postby Troglodyfae » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:17 am

We had very strong winds here on the mountains in Granada. Glad we live in a cave house though or I think the damage would have been shocking. Have not heard from my brother this morning, he lives above us on the top of the mountain in a large mobile home. When I last heard from him he was muttering something about Mary Poppins and the Wizard of OZ :shock:

Hope everyone manages to clear the mess that this storm brought and hope your damage is not too bad.

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:17 am

Hiya Meseta, Try unplugging your box for a while. We sometimes have this problem and it just needs to re set itself!

We had power cuts all day yesterday, gave up with the TV last night and left candles on! Power was off from 11 last night until 6 this morning. My mums place in Campanillas has been without power since yesterday eve and it is still not back on.

Kids love it though...it's an adventure to them! :lol:
Donna

meseta
Andalucia.com Amigo

thank you

Postby meseta » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:42 am

thanks d. tried all the unplugging stuff to no avail.
Called in my friendly sat person !
good luck !

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:19 pm

Meseta, Let me know how you get on. Unplugging's not working for me either.

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:23 pm

Just checking, do you know it takes a few minutes to load back on? I'm hopefully not stating the obvious :oops: but wouldn't like you to waste money unnecessarily! :)
Donna

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:26 pm

Our satellite has gone off for an hour or slightly less, at 11am, every morning for the last 4 days, then back on ok. Maybe maintenance is going on?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Devils Advocate
Andalucia Guru

Postby Devils Advocate » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:51 pm

Out of interest, we were speaking to friends in the Sayalonga area early last evening. They commented how windy it was and a second or two later we lost the connection.

They have not called back and we can't contact them, something must have happened to their network.
Property owner in Andalucia since 2002. How time flies.

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:05 pm

Mine went off in the middle of Casualty last night, but I've just got it back.

I left it unplugged for a bit longer and it seems to have worked.

We often have problems with it when the weather is bad, it jumps about all over the place and anything recorded is unwatchable, but just when I decide to call someone out it stops doing it.

Anyone know what happened in Casualty?

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:08 pm

Marina wrote:Anyone know what happened in Casualty?
:lol: :lol: I think we were all having the same problem as you, Marina! :lol: :lol:
Donna

Marina
Resident

Postby Marina » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:12 pm

:(