"Clubs"in Andalucia

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

"Clubs"in Andalucia

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:55 pm

Driving round I notice there are quite a few "clubs" Are these social clubs where you can have a pint, game of dominoes, chat about the weather. Are they like working mens clubs, can you have fun there? how do you join?

Rick

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:57 pm

I think there is a Domino in each of them :lol:

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:06 pm

Colinm wrote:Domino
Good pun.(freudian or intentional)

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:07 pm

gracias, big boy!

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:09 pm

Colinm wrote:gracias, big boy!

como un burro

daneinspain
Resident

Postby daneinspain » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:44 pm

Which area and what they called?

Heston
Resident

clubs

Postby Heston » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:49 pm

Not sure if yur joking with this post but if they have flashing lights they are brothels!
If you are not joking they do have similar to workig mens clubs in most village mainly for pensioners ( sorry if your younger than that no offense!) and I have been informed by a friend that they go to one all they time it helped them intergrate into the community and they got some cut price day trips out of it too...however they keep the women from them...the mens club is downstairs and the women have to go upstairs (except if they are on a trip!) and god help any woman who wanders into the mens section....mind you there are still some (not many though) like this in the north of England!

Retro P
Resident

Re: clubs

Postby Retro P » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:59 pm

How I long for the good old days of the Tap room and the snug where the different sexes were in there rightful places :P
Ah! the full english!!

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

clubs

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:15 pm

daneinspain wrote:Which area and what they called?
The nearest one to me (you can walk there but you probably wouldn't be able to walk back) is just outsde Cancelada on the N340 San Ped side. It's really nice inside, (so I'm told by my mate Walter Wallcarpeting). Interior deco bloke was a bit of a joker... know what.. he put mirrors on the ceiling instead of the walls!

Rick

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:26 pm

Heston wrote:Not sure if yur joking with this post
Thanks for the info on the pensioners clubs. Couple more years and we will be able to make use.

I was being a bit of a scallywag and I just put that in as an agent provocateur to liven up a lonely friday night. Still she's back on tues so I better get started on cleaning up this place.

Rick

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:36 pm

I can't wait for her to get back too :wink:

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:57 pm

katy wrote:I can't wait for her to get back too :wink:
Maybe we'll get a break ourselves then!! :wink: :lol:
Donna

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:19 am

Retro P wrote:
Heston wrote:Not sure if yur joking with this post but if they have flashing lights they are brothels!
If you are not joking they do have similar to workig mens clubs in most village mainly for pensioners ( sorry if your younger than that no offense!) and I have been informed by a friend that they go to one all they time it helped them intergrate into the community and they got some cut price day trips out of it too...however they keep the women from them...the mens club is downstairs and the women have to go upstairs (except if they are on a trip!) and god help any woman who wanders into the mens section....mind you there are still some (not many though) like this in the north of England!
How I long for the good old days of the Tap room and the snug where the different sexes were in there rightful places :P
what happened to kitchens???? :D :D

Hope it was a good trip man! :shock:

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:24 am

stellastaff wrote:
katy wrote:I can't wait for her to get back too :wink:
Maybe we'll get a break ourselves then!! :wink: :lol:

Not a chance.

I got heaps more rubbish festering in my tiny little brain to tell you about yet!

Did I ever tell you about..... (yawn, yawn yawn)

Rick

Mixter
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mixter » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:39 am

.mind you there are still some (not many though) like this in the north of England!
You are well out of date with this notion. Us blokes now share our clubs with our loved ones...... weve been able to take our whippets and pigeons in, for quite some years now! Sithee!

jennyshaw
Resident

Postby jennyshaw » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:31 pm

I'm going to prove you wrong, I'm a woman and I have had a quite a few drinks in the Pensionista in our village, but only on a Monday when the local bar is closed, the first time i went in I felt I had gone back in time 30 years the men all stopped talking and just stared at me but I thought go for it girl, went to the bar ordered the drinks the barman looked at me as if I had 2 heads but eventually served me, then they all started talking again, i went and sat down and had a game of dominoes.
Jenny

winkie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: "Clubs"in Andalucia

Postby winkie » Sun Mar 11, 2007 8:57 pm

Rick Gale wrote:Driving round I notice there are quite a few "clubs" Are these social clubs where you can have a pint, game of dominoes, chat about the weather. Are they like working mens clubs, can you have fun there? how do you join?

Rick
My OH has just told me they are working womens clubs. :wink:
Whether you believe you can, or whether you believe you can't, you are absolutely right.

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:17 pm

Estark 92 in Torreblanca is an excellent "mens club" apart from the 6 euros for a bottle of San Miguel that is, we took a friend of mine there for his stag night, very well run though!''I have actually met a gentleman called "Royston Vasey" there, very nice guy, no **** from him!
Ah! the full english!!

Lorraine - Mijas
Resident

Postby Lorraine - Mijas » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:32 pm

Yes I can see chubby would be an ideal customer in 92, definately not a womens club unless you are the working kind :wink:

gus
Resident

Postby gus » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:35 pm

Just out of interest......honest - I might need to direct some of our visitors there :-)

Where in Torreblanca is Estark 92?

Gus