Marbella Belles

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
Heston
Resident

Marbella Belles

Postby Heston » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:10 pm

Cringed all the way through...pity the woman with the baby wasnt in England social services would have had a field day with her!

anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby anewlife » Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:59 pm

And did we all believe that the woman with the baby was only 38!!! Plus VAT I think!

Blimey, even if I won millions on the lottery, I wouldn't even contemplate living there!!

Maybe I missed it at some point, but how did these women get their money to live like they do????

Pigeon Tim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pigeon Tim » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:29 pm

You can always rely on British women to lower the tone of a place.

I think the programme makers must have had a right old laugh coming up with the title. Marbella Belles???

More like Marbella Gold Diggers.

Mixter
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Mixter » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:38 pm

anewlife wrote:
Maybe I missed it at some point, but how did these women get their money to live like they do????
At least two of them had rich partners. The one with the salon place wasnt bad - she admitted to being about 40 - and looked it.....but the one with oriental nanny, was a) a dog..and b) deluded about her age.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:05 pm

I still don't believe these people have money, its a TV programme don't forget. Said before check out the apartment the one with the baby was living, tiny kitchen, overlooked by an ugly block, looked shabby furniture (rental??)...nah. Short term money I would say, no investments, large part of their income spent on cars etc. I think the title should have been marbella slags.

What is funny about is that they are thinking they come over good and the production team must have been laughing their heads off that they could get so many head cases together.

anewlife
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby anewlife » Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:47 pm

Never noticed the kitchen Katy, but will do next week!

Like the name 'Marbella slags' - probably right and as you say production team must have had a right laugh - we did!! Only problem is that anyone living in Marbella may be tarred with the same brush and I'm sure none of you are like that.

Did remember that one of them had 3 kids by 3 different husbands/partners and 2 of her husbands ran off with her best friends. She must have screwed them all to the hilt to be able to live like she does now!

Is it really like that in Marbella? Like, all 'dahling' and so. Please enlighten a poor girl living in the sticks........

Pigeon Tim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pigeon Tim » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:36 pm

They’re bold, bronzed and bleached to their roots. Meet five British women who’ve turned their backs on the UK for the sun-kissed stretches of the Costa del Sol.

Marbella Belles - a new six part documentary series for ITV1 with narration from Dennis Waterman - gives a glimpse of life in that little bit of Spain that will be forever England.

All five women have different lives, but share one thing in common. They have escaped the high streets of Essex, London and Leeds to re-establish themselves along the rich golden mile in luxury resorts Marbella and Puerto Banus.

Among them is lady of leisure, Lisa Johnson, who has a one-year-old boy called Blue. Retirement has come early for the high maintenance Essex girl thanks to her husband’s hefty bank balance and round the clock help from maid, Lin-Lin. Lin-Lin sees to the less glamorous aspects of motherhood like changing Blue’s nappy and feeding him while 38–year–old Lisa keeps up to speed with her rigourous beauty schedule.

Louise Marriot owns the beauty salon that Lisa spends a lot of her time in - Posh - which stands for ‘P****d Off, Stressed & Hormonal’. Louise upped sticks and left Buckinghamshire for Marbella with her three children after a string of failed marriages and is now embarking on her second salon, 2 Posh, and a new romance with a very wealthy ex pat called Jeff.

With such wealth and exuberance it’s vital the belles look their best and Louise Truelove, or Truelove as she’s known, focuses her time on the more permanent side of cosmetic enhancement, as a patient co-ordinator for an exclusive plastic surgery clinic. Truelove moved to Spain after the love of her life left her for “a 53-year-old grandmother.”

Party girl Jo Alexandrou arrived in Spain six years ago for a holiday and ended up staying for good becoming a fixture on the Puerto Banus party circuit.

Reflecting on her first year on the Costa, Jo says: “We’ve got High Society magazine out here, like the Spanish ‘OK’ or ‘Hello’, and I was in it every month partying!”

And last but by no means least is Barbara Fawcettor ‘Barbs’, who arrived in Spain two years ago and owns posh café Madhatters, which serves up the best traditional English food. Barbs has never married and believes she will find her Mr Right on the Costa.

Marbella Belles provides a snapshot insight into what it’s like living the high life in the posh town of Puerto Banus, where designer shops and celebrity hideouts line every street and being preened and beautifully turned out is essential.

The women are determined to bag themselves a man with a loaded wallet. It’s a place to see and be seen – where a bad hairdo or a chipped nail is a cardinal sin!

They’ve run to the sun to better their lives but is life on the Costa all they thought it would be?

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:57 pm

These broads are not a very good advert for the beauty salons are they :shock: Sure there are a lot of people around like this but can't say I have met many, lot of false people around though. Banus is a different world to the rest of marbella, great for morning shopping otherwise better left, full of prostitutes at night and most of the restaurants are down market would say with the exception of July and August the place is frequented by Arabs, Eastern Europeans and Ex-UK hairdressers (maybe apologies to some hairdressers, don't want to stereotype!). At the other end of the spectrum you have a few sad people walking about with push-chairs having a look if they can see anyone famous, whilst the real old money and the famous go elsewhere (unless they want to get photographed like Big Brother and pop idol punters, english and spanish)

deidrev
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby deidrev » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:01 am

Though here are plenty of "Marbella Belles" about, the real Marbella is very Spanish.
Programme makers as we all know thrive on sensationalism and distorted images! The problem is that people watching the programme will believe that we all live like "Marbella Belles". It would put a lot of people off holidaying here which would be a great pity.
Our daughter lived in Marbella, (the central area) for five years and loved it.
She is back in the U.K.with husband and two children now and positively cringed when she saw the programme and said how untypical it is of life in Marbella. she and her family hope to return here to live.
Where there's a will, there's a way!

sherlock holmes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sherlock holmes » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:10 pm

Most of the slappers don't live in Marbella City - they live in district of Marbella - and unfortunately exist between Puerto Banus and Nueva Andalucia - and it is stuffed FULL of them.

You can't walk to your car without hearing the dulcet scream of the east/south london slapper ......... ERE WOT U Fxxxx ing WANT THEN??? to her delightful offspring. We used to be subjected to drunken Karaoke from the Essex Landlord at 1.00 in the morning - when one of the neighbours went up to suggest he might want to take the machine indoors and shut his windows the delightful wife threatened to rip out his throat out if he didn't mind his own FXXXXing business. Charming..........

Katy - that flat looks like the Mansion Club, expensive around 600k but certainly not the sort of place a "bloke with dosh" would have as a first choice. Don't you think this might be "acted" rather than reality. Although I might send a friend down to POSH for a manicure and a lesson in social anthropology! and free champagne 8)

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:42 pm

OOOO! Brings back memories of my teenage nights out down Southend seafront!!! :lol: Not me personally I will add but what was going on around...although there might have been one or two occasions.....I was just a teenager you know!
:oops:
Donna

Alan-LaCala
Resident

Postby Alan-LaCala » Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:01 pm

She must have screwed them all to the hilt to be able to live like she does now!
Would you like to rephrase that?

Alan
Remember that everything that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did too; except she did it backwards and wearing high heels!

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:27 pm

stellastaff wrote:Southend seafront!!! :lol:

Did you ever frequent the Cliffs Pavillion SOS. I think I was possibly conceived there :oops: :oops:

Pigeon Tim
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Pigeon Tim » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:28 pm

Apparently the lady with the son named Blue is an actress. Makes sense now.

Free at Last
Resident

Postby Free at Last » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:31 pm

I watched it too and was riveted in an OMG can these people be real kind of way. The one who said she´d "earned" the 100,000E present from her "boyfriend" might as well be advertising in the Adult Relaxation ads in Sur in English!

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:36 pm

Rick Gale wrote:

Did you ever frequent the Cliffs Pavillion SOS. I think I was possibly conceived there :oops: :oops:
My sister works there! :lol:
Donna

RichardCoeurdeLion
Andalucia Guru

Postby RichardCoeurdeLion » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:59 pm

stellastaff wrote:
Rick Gale wrote:

My sister works there! :lol:
If she's about 96 with one leg slightly shorter than the other, then I've found my long lost Grandma

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:28 pm

600K FOR THAT APARTMENT :roll:
hard to believe, even in Marbella, it appeared to be a bog standard apartment with a tiny kitchen

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:42 pm

Yes, don't think there were any curtains or blinds on the windows either. There was hardly room in the kitchen for the nanny and her. Aren't we b*i*t*c*h*y :wink:

Cassandra
Resident

Postby Cassandra » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:22 pm

Why would you want to be in the kitchen if you have a nanny? Isn't the whole point of hired help so you can do nothing :D