Port Banus

Do you have a query about moving to Andalucia and buying property in Andalucia. Find out by posting questions and reading about other peoples experiences.
Rosie01
Andalucia.com Amigo

Port Banus

Postby Rosie01 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:27 pm

Can anyone tell me info about this area.

I will be renting a place for me and my cat come Sept (if I can afford it). Ideally would love to be near the port in an urbanisation.

I also loved the old part of Marbella the old town. But, as I said I need to be on an urbanisation as I don't want to be lonely.

Rosie

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:46 pm

Do not expect an urbanization to be full of people as the one I lived on was empty for eight months of the year. They have no focal point shops cafes etc and are characterless and when 80% empty blooming lonely. :cry:
"A soul afraid of dying will never live"

Rosie01
Andalucia.com Amigo

Puereto Banus

Postby Rosie01 » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:27 pm

OMG I need a lot of people around. Where was the urbanisation?

sherlock holmes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sherlock holmes » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:50 am

if you are renting a flat in this area its all urbanisations and its going to cost around 2000E a month or much more in you are in either Marbella front line or Puerto Banus.

Most of the ones are "quality" except Dame el noche which seems to be about 90% empty at most times!

why are you asking a website forum? you should be asking rental agencys in this area. Just type in rental apartment in Marbella 000's will come up.

alaninspain
Resident

Postby alaninspain » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:39 am

I know it is supposed to be the best spot on the Costa Del Sol, but why pick Banus or Marbella with it's inflated costs? Try an urbanisation the north side of the N340 which will be quieter at night, safer for the cat, but not too far from the shops/restaurants etc. We did, soon made friends of all nationalities, and love it here.

Rosie01
Andalucia.com Amigo

Reply Banus and Old Town Marbella

Postby Rosie01 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:37 pm

Because I won't be driving and also I'm hoping that my target market is in these areas. I am a personal trainer/massage/aqua aerobic/gym teacher.

I don't want to be out in the sticks.

X

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:04 pm

Banus is fine if you don't mind hanging out with wannabe millionaires, Russian hookers, crack dealers and paying 10 euros for a beer, me I'm seriously thinking of move out of there :(
Ah! the full english!!

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:09 pm

Rent yours out then retro while your looking elsewhere.Triffic rodney :lol: :lol:
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela

Rosie01
Andalucia.com Amigo

More Advice Needed please gracias.

Postby Rosie01 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:39 am

Ok

I will be moving to Marbella Sept I will not have a car for a few months.

It's me and the cat! I will be teaching fitness/aqua/massage etc.

I would like to be in walking distance of the beach/shops. I will need to be with some English people say on an urbanisation as I will need to make some mates - Rosie no mates.

Is there a list of urbanisations do any of you have any good or even bad reports of certain urbies. I don't want to be on an urbie where property is let out to young brits for holiday lets. Hence why I was looking at Puerto Banus end where people can afford to allow there property to be empty.

I will be visiting 'yet again' during August and really don't want to get a taxi across Marbella looking at hundreds of urbies. To this end, I will value any feedback.

x

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:30 am

Hence why I was looking at Puerto Banus end where people can afford to allow there property to be empty.
most of the properties in Puerto Banus ARE for letting out...only the real luxury ones are not.
I will be teaching fitness/aqua/massage etc.
like a good few more...so you expect to live from what you earn???..or you have a job...or is this a hobby or for extra cash???? cos extra cash is just about what you would make...if you really push yourself.
I will be renting a place for me and my cat come Sept (if I can afford it).
??? perhaps you should find out more about you chances of earning a living ..before you make the move.
August is not the best of times for looking for a place to live...
I also loved the old part of Marbella the old town. But, as I said I need to be on an urbanisation as I don't want to be lonely.
Sounds to me that your best bet would be an apartment in Marbella town..not so lonely as an urbanization :roll: :roll:
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:47 am

swerve wrote:Rent yours out then retro while your looking elsewhere.Triffic rodney :lol: :lol:
You cannot be serious (as J McEnroe, is that spelt right, frequently commented) Sorry swerve mate, I'd never let my house out to anyone, the only people who are allowed to use it besides me and the missus are my son, brother in law, mum and dad in law, that's it, I have a cousin whjo hasn't spoken to me for 19 years because I wouldn't let him use it for free, it's bothered me for years, NOT!
Ah! the full english!!

sherlock holmes
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby sherlock holmes » Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:47 pm

I will be visiting 'yet again' during August and really don't want to get a taxi across Marbella looking at hundreds of urbies. To this end, I will value any feedback.
you won't be taking taxis for 2 reasons.

1. youre best chance of a rental is thro agents who will drive you around.

2. You dont seem to have a clue what you are doing! - you can check most of the rentals on the web and see where they are. The vast majority of rentals are ALL on urbs that have the majority of them rented out. In August thats peak time, so the prices will be very high and availablity limited.

You need to do a lot more research before you even think you can afford a rental in Marbella and Banus. Massage/therapists are a dime a dozen in Sur - how do you think you will get clients just arriving and staying for a month?

Also if you check the location of most of the posters on this site, the vast majority dont live in the area you are posting about, so really they can't help you, multiple posting won't change that
:oops:

Buy a copy of Sur in English before you do anything else or check it out online.

jwc
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby jwc » Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:15 pm

Retro its worth 10 euros a beer just to sit and people watch in the port

Retro P
Resident

Postby Retro P » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:12 pm

jwc wrote:Retro its worth 10 euros a beer just to sit and people watch in the port
Okay I'll go with that, from time to time, but I wouldn't pay it on a daily basis, I'd rather spend the money on a taxi to Cabopino or Calahonda where I have a number of friends!
You do see some sights though, don't you, In the past I've seen Lee Hazlewood (these boots are made for walking), Rod Stewart, (I actually took a pi55 with him in the old Silks restaurant, back in the eighties) Nina Simone, loads of others, some of them real out of spacers, anyone remember the hippy guy who used to ride around Banus on a Gold sprayed BMX bike with about fifty mirrors on it, everyone thought, because he looked it, a right prat, that he was a nutter, he was actually a zillionaire, a member of the Osborne sherry family, ahh! those were the days 8)
Ah! the full english!!

sampedrena
Resident

Postby sampedrena » Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:52 pm

I know I'm biased but I'd recommend San Pedro (Yes - the one with the traffic!) - I've lived here for 3+ years and really like it. It's a "proper" town and yet is very near to Puerto Banus. I think you'd find it less pricy than central Marbella. The Communities are mostly a mix of nationalities - Spanish, English, German etc and also a mix of those who are working, retired and holiday visitors. You do have to be careful if you go to one of the Urbanisations which are out in the middle of nowhere rather than in or close to a town - I keep meeting people who live in them and they tell me that it's all English living there and very empty during the winter time. Not that there's anything wrong in being with other English, but I like to have the chance to practise my Spanish!
La vida es un espejo, si sonries ella te sonrie

Zeb747
Andalucia.com Amigo

Life above PB

Postby Zeb747 » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:10 am

:) I suppose we are bias as we have a place just up the hill, past the Bullring in Nuevo Andalucia.
Walk in to PB in about 25 minutes, No4 bus stops within 2 minutes walk, supermarket (Mercadona) at the edge of the complex, Cafe & patisserie at the bottoms of the complex, pharmacy, bank next to the Mercadona.
An urbanization that has people living there 365 days a year as well.
So yes these places do exists.
PM me if you would like to know more or have you found a place?
Zeb747 :)

DecorDiva
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DecorDiva » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:39 pm

Puerto Banus is fine if you can afford it, depends on what lifestyle you are looking for? I have clients who have a few apartments in Los Granados and they spend a lot of time there and there is not that many English there all the time, there are more in Nueva Andalucia behind the Port. I also know a famous writer and journalist that rented one of my client's apartments for a year and loved the port so much she bought a place in it, rather her than me! But she is well off and not looking to earn her money here.

I would consider Marbella town to be perhaps more practical and less expensive or start heading towards Cabopino area where there are quite a few Brits.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:36 pm

Laura, you have changed your name, a bit confusing, why is that :?:

annie_d
Resident

Postby annie_d » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:51 am

Because she wanted to?
anyway, anyway, love from me.

DecorDiva
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DecorDiva » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:08 am

Yes did change name, bit new to this sort of thing and decided did not want name plastered over anything as have an extremely jealous ex husband, if you have been there you might understand, ever seen the film with Julia Roberts in, that was me :?