boys on bikes

Do you have a query on how to get things done in Andalucia, where to find things, who to call? Find out by posting and hear about others experiences.
guirigriton
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby guirigriton » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:41 pm

"There's a big difference between a decent sounding engine and the sound of a tiny two stroke which really winds me up. They sound like a rat having its balls squeezed until they puncture."

Fair D'escription, I was wondering what to do with the old nutcrackers. My mind even turned to 'White Sound' but the vision of a gallon pot of Dulux swung from the bedroom window wouldn't leave.
If the enemy is in range, so are you.

Colinm
Resident

Postby Colinm » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:04 pm

Just thought I'd let you know......
In 2006 there were 258,196 motorcycles registered in Spain (a 25% increase on 2005). on top of this there were 107,242 scooters and mopeds sold, which gives a total market figure of 365,438. It is now the 3rd largest powered two wheeler market in Europe, just behind France (370k) and the leader Italy (570k). The comparative figure for the UK is 132k.

So, any more complaints about noise and I'll send them all round to visit you :evil:

Dealer
Resident

Postby Dealer » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:11 am

Gisela Radant wrote:PS Don't get the Errol Flynn bit - is it RUDE?
Well sort of as he was known for having a rather large pipe! :shock:
"A soul afraid of dying will never live"

tjtops
Resident

Postby tjtops » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:53 pm

And was rumoured to have lasted more than two strokes.......

Gin Monster
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Gin Monster » Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:07 am

Noisey bikes...barking dogs....folks will be complaining about how funny the Spanish speak next!!!

Take a couple of chill pills and have another gin...you won't notice any of it then :P

frank
Andalucia Guru

Postby frank » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:14 am

Noisey bikes...barking dogs....folks will be complaining about how funny the Spanish speak next!!!
Agree, it's all part of the package, unfortunately. It's not just sun, sangria etc, there are also negatives that people fail to take into account before moving. And of course, if you haven't got a dog that barks all day and night living next door to you, it's easy to be very dismissive of it, but I know it would drive me mad! :x Possibly if you are brought up with it, you might get used to it, but I know the combination of the two would have me moving, like Katy. Here, I never hear a dog at night, nor am I plagued by noisy motos, so when we do holiday in Spain, it's always one of the sides of Spain I could well do without! 8)
Regards, Frank

No soy residente, simplemente un turista, ¿qué sé yo?