pet friendly hotel on way to Santander ferry

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
yorkshirelass
Andalucia.com Amigo

pet friendly hotel on way to Santander ferry

Postby yorkshirelass » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:21 am

We are taking 2 dogs and a cat back to England on the Santander ferry.We are not sure whether to try and do the drive in one, or do a stopover .Can anybody recommend a pet friendly stopover.We are driving from Velez-Malaga.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: pet friendly hotel on way to Santander ferry

Postby Enrique » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:18 am

Hi yorkshirelass,
I always stop over at Hotel Alisa..................at Lerma , 37km south of Burgos.
From my location( looks like I'm 2hrs north of your location) it takes me 8-9 hours then 4-5 hours to Santander the next day. That's cruising between 100 - 110 kph and stopping every two hours for comfort breaks.
The Hotel is situated by a river and there are some great walks along the bank.

http://www.hotelalisa.com/

You can take your dog/dogs to your room or if you have a crate,can use the secure garage.
I favour the garage for my Huskies.
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:41 am

We are aslo doing the Santander ferry this Sunday, but back to Spain, Brittany ferries usually send a email showing motels/hotels along the route that are cheap and pet friendly. It takes me 9 hours from Santander to Adra, nice easy drive, we did have a motorhome, but still never bothered stopping.

The hotel just mentioned sounds perfect, have a good trip.
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

alpumar
Tourist

Postby alpumar » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi

Here is another one that accepts dogs without query http://www.tudanca-aranda.com/ but it isn't far from the previously mentioned one. Anyone got anything nearer Madrid or North of Burgos or even in France for those of us driving through to Northern France ?

Cheers

Alpumar

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:06 pm

Hi alpumar,
Some info in this post.........................for French hotels...............follow through the links mentioned.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=21212&p=187595&hilit=hotel+in+france#p187595

One mentioned by katy.........................

http://www.hotel-lesbruyeres.com/
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

AndaluzCampo
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby AndaluzCampo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:35 pm

We like this pet-friendly hotel, just off the motorway, north of Madrid, in a great location at the foothills of the Sierra de la Cabrera:
http://www.hotelmavi.es/

For France, using the internet, rougly calculate which region you want to stay over in and search for hotels. Normally, you'll find the Internet hotel listing fully indicates whether or not they accept Pets. Most of them do, as the french are very pet friendly.

TinaTapas
Resident

Postby TinaTapas » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:18 pm

Enrique wrote:Hi yorkshirelass,
I always stop over at Hotel Alisa..................at Lerma , 37km south of Burgos.
From my location( looks like I'm 2hrs north of your location) it takes me 8-9 hours then 4-5 hours to Santander the next day. That's cruising between 100 - 110 kph and stopping every two hours for comfort breaks.
The Hotel is situated by a river and there are some great walks along the bank.

http://www.hotelalisa.com/

You can take your dog/dogs to your room or if you have a crate,can use the secure garage.
I favour the garage for my Huskies.
I am so pleased I read this thread......I honestly didn't think there were any dog-friendly hotels in Spain, so we always drive up to France..... thanks so much :thumbup:

Julie
Andalucia Guru

Postby Julie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:04 pm

Most of the small roadside motels/hotels allow a dog in the room, we haven't had any problems as of yet with 2 parrots and a German shephard :)
No soporto ver la casa sucia, ahora mismo me levanto y apago la luz.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:36 pm

Enrique wrote: I always stop over at Hotel Alisa..................at Lerma , 37km south of Burgos..
Following Enrique's recommendation of this hotel some months ago, I suggested to my brother-in-law - a right fussy b***** of a Yorkshireman - that it might be worth a try when he was coming over by car. His compliments were unbounding, from the value to the rooms and the catering. Amazing, from him! :clap: :thumbup:
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.