CaixaBank / tacit overdraft

Other topics that are not covered in the sections above.
anyroads
Andalucia Guru

CaixaBank / tacit overdraft

Postby anyroads » Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:05 pm

My wife has received a letter recently re a "tacit overdraft". It is a joint account.

Was wondering if anyone else had received anything of this nature. Seems you won't be charged if you do not use it, I think !.

Never quite sure with Spanish banks these days.

anyroads

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Re: CaixaBank / tacit overdraft

Postby Pamela1 » Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:16 am

Same here anyroads, didn't quite understand it but assumed there should be no charge if it is not used.I have no intention of doing so!
I don't know how many non residents still have a Spain account, it seems that many non res have pulled out in favour of Wise/Revault due to the Spanish inflated bank charges...Maybe Spanish banks don't want our business...

anyroads
Andalucia Guru

Re: CaixaBank / tacit overdraft

Postby anyroads » Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:07 pm

Trouble is Pamela,

Once they have established the "facility", down the line they could charge for it.

I swallow the quarterly charge of Eur 35, and whatever they charge per year for one debit card ( even though a Joint account ).

I do use WISE to pay money into the account, as it happens in seconds, and as good as a rate you will get. I am not sure I would want to mess around with changing ( not sure if WISE do them in any case ) direct debits, sometimes it is the devil you know !

anyroads