Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de Montesión
The church dates back to 1505 and was built on the site of a former mosque. Around the time of the Moorish rebellion in the same century, the area was invaded by the pirate Omar- Al Askenn, who looted the population in 1566. During the seventeenth century, the new church was erected, and although it was built under the invocation of Santa María, the true patron is Nuestra Señora la Virgen de Monte-Sión. Looking at its architecture, facade and exterior decoration, we might consider it to be out of tune with its time. Whilst other churches in the area reflect the Baroque fashion of the time, this one is rather austere, we might even say fortified. It should be noted that, since 2004, several conservation and adaptation works have been carried out both on the outside and inside. Located on Calle el Viento.