Header Banner - Google Adsense

Lahiguera

Lahiguera

The most significant civil building is the Town Hall, which, built in 1914 and undergoing regular restoration since 1973, retains its original style. Its central part is recessed and its two lateral arms with a prismatic structure protrude to the outside.

The tower has been demolished, but its rectangular floor plan of about 15x10 meters remains visible today, with a masonry factory arranged at its base. The upper elevation is made of mud and irregular masonry reinforced by courses and brick pillars. Located on Calle Iglesias.

Also known as “Iglesis de Abajo”, this church was built from 1944 onwards. It has a longitudinal nave divided by semicircular arches into seven sections, and its flat head is covered by a vaulted rood. Its façade is sober, with a semicircular arch on the front that imitates the baroque typology in its composition.

Festivals in Lahiguera: Cabalgata de Reyes Magos, Día de Andalucía, Carnaval, Semana Santa, Feria de San Juan Bautista and Feria de Santa Clara.

The oldest documented occupation of Lahiguera dates back to the final Neolithic era, a period in which the agricultural economy began to be consolidated. This process led to the development of the Copper Age in the definitive sedentism of the village population.

Lahiguera offers incredible views of the surrounding mountains of the province, as well as the Guadalquivir River, which borders part of the town. It has about 1,680 inhabitants.