Iglesia Antigua de Nuestra Señora María de la Consolación o de Jesús Nazareno
Also known as “Iglesia de Arriba”, the church next to Castillo de la Tercia was built at the end of the fifteenth century, to serve as the castle’s chapel. It has a single nave with a rectangular floor plan and a Latin cross shape, flanked by side chapels and presided over by a presbytery without an apse. In this line of austerity, a century later, the side portal was built: a lintel span with Tuscan pilasters, devoid of any further decorative elements. During the Spanish Civil War, the wooden altarpiece, presided over by the Señor de las Aguas, was destroyed. In 1949 it was replaced with another, chaired by the Señor de la Capilla, who provides the church with its other name. The current bell tower, which replaced a belfry that collapsed at the beginning of the twentieth century, was erected in 1956-57 on a square base with a prismatic shape. The main altar is decorated by a plaster altarpiece in the Neoclassical style, but was built in 1949. Located on Calle Iglesias.