Important medieval fortress that defended the road between Almería and Granada, built before the tenth century. It continued its heyday during the thirteenth and fifteenth centuries, until it was occupied by the Christians in 1489. Today, only three towers and some walls remain. These towers are rectangular in shape, with a construction system of simple mortar with lime and sand, covered with a layer of plaster. The Junta de Andalucía has recently adapted the tower, turning it into a viewpoint. Located on Calle Castillo.