Iglesia de La Anunciación
Its history begins with the Royal Decree granted by the Catholic Monarchs on March 21, 1492, by which Don Álvaro de Bazán was ordered to make the previous mosque the “church of the town”. There is evidence that between 1497 and 1499 the previous mosque was demolished and the construction of the new Christian temple began. The temple was initiated around 1540, with Martín Pérez de Ayala as Bishop of Guadix and, in 1557. it underwent reconstruction. Between the years 1568 and 1570, with the rise of the Moors, the temple was affected by a fire that destroyed part of the building, pausing works until 1572. Its beautiful Renaissance façade dates from 1592. Located in Plaza de Constitución.