Palacio de Vizconde - Los Villares
The Viscountcy of Los Villares was created by royal decrees of Felipe V issued on September 15, 1707 and May 2, 1708, and handed over to Don Francisco de Zeballos y Villegas Sainz y Solórzano (1655-1709). The Zeballos family wanted to remodel the large manor house that he owned in the town, transforming it into grand building better representative of his noble status. The result was the current palace, better known locally as the “Casa Grande”. The main façade, somewhat disfigured by modern remodeling, has the typical layout of eighteenth-century Granadan stately homes, and is made of fine ashlar. The interior features many original details, including the patio, the stately staircase covered by a graceful vault, some corbels and footings made of carved wood and the remains of paintings and coffered ceilings.
The building was declared Biene Interes cultural BIC in October 2008 and adquired by the Town Hall. Ater a nearly one million euro investment it was opened as a social centre.
Located on Calle Jardin 27.