Santuario de las Santas Reliquias
This sanctuary was erected during the Bishopric of Moscoso y Sandoval to guard the supposed remains of the martyred Saints, Bonoso and Maximiano, found in this town at the beginning of the seventeenth century. It was built between 1617 and 1619 with stone from Santiago de Calatrava and, as planned by Juan de Aranda, two churches were superimposed. In the lower part, a chamber was drilled to be seen from the outside, as a crypt, with access through the Los Santos cemetery. It has a polychrome plaster altarpiece with Baroque decoration, which was not finished until the middle of the nineteenth century, tombstones with the stories of the martyrs and a Plateresque doorway. The upper part is accessed from the Plaza de Santa María, through a doorway built in 1659, and its floor plan consists of a single nave covered with a barrel vault with lunettes and architrave pilasters that support semicircular arches. The sanctuary houses the Museo de los Santos, in which a good part of the Brotherhood’s heritage is exhibited, as well as drawings and photographs. Visits are by appointment only. Located in Plaza Santa María.