News about golf in Andalucia.
Golf News 2009
Golf News in 2009 for Costa del Sol and Andalucia. Keep up to date with the news highlights from the world of golf on the Costa del Sol and Andalucia, Spain.
THE ANDALUSIAN JUNIOR FEMININE TEAM HAS GATHERED IN GREENLIFE GOLF AND LOS NARANJOS IN MARBELLA
The team is made up of 6 players with an amazing average handicap of +1.7
They all show a lot of promise in international golf
The Junior Feminine Golf Team of the Real Federación Andaluza has just gathered for two days in Greenlife Golf and Los Naranjos in Marbella.
This preparatory meeting has been the last one before the participation in the Junior Feminine Championship which will be performed in La Sella , Alicante, between the 2nd and the 5th of September. The Andalusian Junior Feminine Team is made up of 6 girls, all of them competitors in International Golf Tournament.
The Andalusian Junior Feminine Golf Team, made up of Ana Fernández de Mesa, Rocío Sánchez Lobato, Noemí Jiménez, Carmen Laguna Ortiz, María Parrón and Patricia Lobato, has just gathered for last time before the begin of the golf season in Greenlife Golf, in Marbella. Jacinto Sánchez came with the team; also, the golf professional who will stay with them in the tournament, Bartolo Quirós.
The girls enjoyed pretty much this amazing 9 holes par 3 course, which allows the short game and requires more accuracy in spins.
"This kind of meetings between the players is vital. The girls practise at the same time they make bigger their relationship, which is good to get the team spirit going" explains Vanessa Garvayo, Greenlife Golf Head Manager.
The players also enjoyed all the Greenlife Golf's facilities. They stayed in comfortable apartments, trained in the gym, visited the proshop and, at the end, they had a lunch in the one-Michelin-star Restaurant El Lago, located in Greenlife Golf.
This is the Andalucian Junior Feminine Team
- Ana Fernández de Mesa, handicap +1,6, Cádiz. Currently, she is part of the prestigious contest Solheim Cup, from United States , the most important contest for junior players.
- Rocío Sánchez Lobato, handicap +2, Málaga. This player is currently training and studying in Blume ( Madrid )
- Noemí Jiménez, handicap +2,2, Málaga. She is also studying in Blume ( Madrid ) and training.
- Carmen Laguna Ortiz, handicap 0,6.
- María Parrón, handicap 1,2, Almería. She is in Blume too
- Patricia Lobato, handicap 2,3, Cádiz.