Iglesia de la Virgen de las Angustias
This is a Mudejar church with a single nave covered with armour, dedicated to the Virgen de las Angustias, an invocation represented as “La Piedad”, with the dead Jesus in her arms, as shown in the exterior niche of the portal. Although most of the parishes were established in 1505 within the political-religious program of conversion to the Moors, this is an initiative of Bishop Claudio Sanz y Torres, from the late eighteenth century, motivated by the population growth that made the previous hermitage too small. The façade of the church is the last of its type built in the province, and perhaps in Spain. Located in Plaza de la Iglesia.