Cripta del Barón de Velasco
This is a neo-Byzantine style crypt built between 1920 and 1930 by Fernando Ruano Prieto, “Barón de Velasco”, as a private family pantheon. This crypt was part of an architectural complex of Capilla-Crypta, where the chapel was located inside Iglesia de San Juan Bautista, and had its access through the site that today occupies the Capilla del Sagrario de la Iglesia. Today that chapel does not exist, and in 1982 the Iglesia de San Juan Bautista was rebuilt after the damage caused by the Spanish Civil War, when the current entrance to the crypt was opened. Three colossal statues representing the Theological Virtues, sculpted in Carrara marble by José Capuz, facilitate access to three rows of mortuary niches, on the sides of which are marble bas-reliefs. Located on Calle San Juan.