Iglesia de Santa María
The church dates from the beginning of the sixteenth century and was erected as a parish on February 11, 1619. It brings together the fundamental characteristics of Mudejar construction, such as crushed brick, stone arches and wooden roofs. As well as housing the bells, the exterior tower is a key element of the town’s skyline. In 2009, restoration of the monument was carried out with the collaboration of official bodies, entities, companies and contributions from the inhabitants of Huércal. Located in Plaza Constitución.