Hacienda del Pilar
The Hacienda del Pilar, which owes its name to the Virgin of this dedication placed on its façade, was built in 1904 as a farm and later remodeled as a private manor house. As property of the former Minister of Public Instruction, José del Prado y Palacio, Marques del Rincón de San Ildefonso, Alfonso XIII stayed there when he visited Jaén in 1916. It was accessed through well-kept English style gardens with a monumental fountain in its centre and another, in imitation of the Sevillanas, on its side. The façade, with two colonnaded galleries, one of them glazed, feature wooden columns and neat railings, all in a markedly eclectic style. In the interior, the syncretism continues with an element of special interest: a Renaissance patio belonging to a Palace in Andújar, which was demolished in the second decade of the century. The painting was acquired and transferred to Hacienda El Pilar by its owner. Nine slender columns, eight arches of padded coffered ceilings, spandrels, medallions, shields and noble coats of arms were decontextualized from their original building and moved here along with a large basin fountain, with four shells and two cups, adorned with caryatids. Located on Avenida Felix Rodriguez de la Fuente.