Antequera - Fact 4 - Climb every mountain
Within easy reach of Antequera you will find two amazing rock attractions: El Torcal park, with its extraordinary limestone rock formations, including la Copa (the wine glass), el Lagaro (the lizard) and la Loba (the she-wolf); and El Chorro gorge, sheer 400-metre rock walls, through which the river Guadalhorce flows. A precipitous walkway above called Caminito del Rey (the King's Path - Alfonso XIII opened the path) offers spectacular views but is officially closed to poor maintenance; while dangerous and certainly not recommended for those who suffer from vertigo, it is still used.
- Fact 1 - Four large gates and arches adorn Antequera's streets.
- Fact 2 - The biggest dolmen in Europe is in Antequera.
- Fact 3 - Perfectly-preserved Roman remains are not be missed.
- Fact 4 - See bizarre rock formations or walk along a heart-stoppingly high path.
- Fact 5 - Regional cuisine? Antequera is famous for its puddings. Antequera - Fascinating Facts
Fascinating Facts - Home