Five Fascinating Facts about Bullfighting
Bullfighting is a subject which divides people like no other; you either love it or hate it; you're an aficionado, with your preferred matadores, who can discuss technique and arte; or you can't take the blood. It's about drama and colour of the spectacle; the passion of the audience; and the courage and skill of the man (nearly always; Almodovar's female matador was the exception) himself - standing in front of a 500 Kg beast is not for the faint-hearted.
- Fact 1 - The Literary Link - Bullfighting is a favoured theme among writers - male ones, of course.
- Fact 2 - The idea of men struggling with bulls has been around for millennia.
- Fact 3 - Indefensible but irresistible - for some, the former means it should also be illegal
- Fact 4 - Andalucia has two of the sport's most important venues
- Fact 5 - Celebrity status