PRIVATE PICASSO COLLECTION
Since 2002 Malaga´s major draw has been its Picasso museum. This 66-million euro project is housed in the 16th-century Palacio de Buenavista. The permanent collection - including 155 works donated by the artist´s daughter-in-law, Christine Ruiz-Picasso, and her son Bernard - is divided into periods, illustrating every stage of Picasso´s extraordinary career - Blue, Pink, Cubist, late modernist. The common thread that draws together this fascinating group of paintings, drawings, sculptures, ceramics and prints, is that the artist wanted either to keep them for himself, or to give them to his lovers, friends and family. For this reason, many are deeply personal, such as the painting of his young son, Paulo (Christine´s late husband).
- Fact 1 - Malaga´s most famous son, Picasso, finally has a museum with his most personal works
- Fact 2 - While other Andalucian cities have their Alcazars, Malaga boasts not one but two Moorish castles
- Fact 3 - A cemetery might seem a curious tourist highlight, but this one has a fascinating history
- Fact 4 - From Hollywood to Semana Santa, nice guy actor Antonio Banderas is loyal to his beloved Malaga
- Fact 5 - Art lovers will be spoilt for choice in Malaga Malaga City - Fascinating Facts
Fascinating Facts - Home