Malaga City - Fascinating Fact 4 - ACTING UP
Another famous son of Malaga, who famously never misses the city´s Semana Santa processions, is actor Antonio Banderas. Movie star José Antonio Domínguez Bandera (born August 10, 1960) He lives between Spain, England and LA.
He was formerly resident in California with his ex-wife Melanie Griffith and their daughter Stella. Antonio still has close links with his birthplace, owning a house in Malaga Banderas is mayordomo of the Virgen de Lagrimas y Favores, with his hermandad (brotherhood), Fusionadas de San Juan, though he describes himself as agnostic.
His Spanish-language directorial debut, the excellent but often overlooked Camino de los Ingleses (called Summer Rain in English), deals with a theme close to his heart: a teenage boy´s summer adventures in a southern coastal city, based on Malaga, in the late 1970s.
In May 2010, Banderas received an Honorary doctorate from the University of Málaga.
- Fact 1 - Malaga´s most famous son, Picasso, finally has a museum with his most personal works
- Fact 2 - While other Andalucian cities have their Alcazars, Malaga boasts not one but two Moorish castles
- Fact 3 - A cemetery might seem a curious tourist highlight, but this one has a fascinating history
- Fact 4 - From Hollywood to Semana Santa, nice guy actor Antonio Banderas is loyal to his beloved Malaga
- Fact 5 - Art lovers will be spoilt for choice in Malaga
- Malaga City - Fascinating Facts - Home
Fascinating Facts - Home