Spanish Lemon Cake
Another Spanish favourite for meriendas (teatime) and a healthier alternative for those avoiding butter or magarine.
Buy an individual serving size of lemon yogurt (two if you want to double the recipe) and use the container as your measuring cup.
- 1 lemon yogurt
- 1 yogurt container of olive oil (light – even refined)
- 2 yogurt containers of sugar
- 3 yogurt containers of flour
- Grated peeling of one lemon
- 3 eggs
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
Mix the moist ingredients together in one bowl. Add the sugar and beat well. Mix the dry ingredients in a second bowl. Add to the main mixture and beat well.
Turn into a greased and floured standard size bread pan and bake at 180º Celsius or 350º Farenheit until you can stick a toothpick in the centre and find it dry when you remove it.