Andalucia is not alone in its quest for the convenience of large out-of-town shopping centres or commercial centres ( centros comerciales) . Over the past five years shopping centres in Andalucia have become increasingly prevalent and in Andalucia today they form an integral part of most peoples’ shopping experience.
List of shopping centres in Sevilla city
- El Corte Inglés is at Centro Comercial Nervion, Luis Montoto, 122-128, 41005 Sevilla. Tel: 954 571 440. Open Monday to Saturday 10:00 to 22:00 hrs. More>
- El Corte Inglés is also at Centro Comercial Sevilla Este, Carretera Sevilla - Málaga, Km 1, 41020 Sevilla. Tel: 954 269 600. Open Monday to Saturday 10:00 to 22:00 hrs. More>
- El Corte Inglés is also at Centro Comercial Plaza del Duque de la Victoria, 8, 41002 Sevilla. Tel: 954 597 000. Open Monday to Saturday 10:00 to 22:00 hrs. More>
- Centro Comercial Nervión Plaza - Av. Luis de Morales, s/n, Junto Estadio Sánchez Pizjuán. Tel: 95 498 91 31
- Alcampo - Ronda Tamarguillo, s/n (Sur), 41013 Sevilla. Tel: 95 466 22 33
- Carrefour - Autopista. San Pablo, km 535,6 (Este), 41007 Sevilla. Tel: 95 459 37 39
- Vilima, S A. - Calle Lagar, 2-4 (Casco Antiguo), 41004 Sevilla. Tel: 95 422 23 22
- Centro Comercial Los Arcos - Av. Andalucía, s/n (Nervión-San Pablo), 41007 Sevilla (Sevilla) Tel: 95 467 60 05
- El Mirador de Santa Justa - Av. Kansas City, s/n (Nervión-San Pablo), 41018 Sevilla (Sevilla). Tel: 95 458 32 10
List of shopping centres outside Sevilla city
- Factory Sevilla Aeropuerto - Polígono Industrial Los Espartales, 41300 – San José de la Rinconada (Sevilla). Tel: 95 425 38 82
- Multifactory Aljarafe - Autopista. A-49, exit km 6, 41930 Bormujos (Sevilla), Tel: 95 572 32 25
- IKEA - Autov. A-49, s/n, 41950 Castilleja de la Cuesta (Sevilla), Tel: 902 400 922
- Centro Comercial Los Acores - Ctra. Alcalá - Sevilla, km 8, 41500 Alcalá de Guadaíra (Sevilla). Tel: 95 410 15 60
- Carrefour Dos Hermanas - Ctra. A-4, km 555, 41700 Dos Hermanas (Sevilla). Tel: 95 459 85 00
- Carrefour - Ctra. N-IV, km 555, 41700 Dos Hermanas (Sevilla). Tel: 95 459 38 00
- Carrefour - Ctra. S. Juan Aznalfarache-Romares, km 1, 41920 San Juan de Aznalfarache (Sevilla). Tel: 95 459 85 00
- Carrefour - C/ Poeta Muñoz San Román, s/n, 41900 Camas (Sevilla). Tel: 95 434 97 00
Sunday Trading in Andalucia
Traditionally very few shops used to open on a Sunday or public holiday in Andalucia. This was due to restrictions on Sunday trading by the Junta de Andalucía (regional government). However, since 2020, the number of Sundays when shopping centres and large supermarkets are permitted to open has increased substantially.
Trading on Sundays and bank holidays for shopping centres and shops whose floor space is more than 300 square metres is decreed by the Junta de Andalucía. Shops that can open on any Sunday or holiday are:
Shops selling cakes and pastries, bread, ready meals, chips (French fries), nuts and sweets, newspapers, flowers and plants; also the preparation and sale of churros.
Shops selling cultural and sporting products located inside museums, and cultural or sporting establishments.
Petrol stations and shops designated as 'convenience stores'.
Shops in train and bus stations, and airports and sea ports.
Larger shops and shopping centres are permitted to open on the following Sundays and holidays throughout Andalucía. Note that this does not imply that all shops in a town or village will be open on a Sunday; it simply means that they are permitted to open. In practice, larger shopping centres and retail parks will definitely be open, while some shops in towns and cities will open. Shops in smaller towns and villages will be closed, apart from small convenience stores and petrol stations.
Permitted Sunday and bank holiday trading days in 2023 - Andalucia-wide
There are 16 permitted Sunday and Bank Holiday trading days in 2023 - Andalucia-wide:
2 and 6 January
6 (Easter Thursday)and 30 April
2 May (Día del Trabajador)
2 and 30 July
15 (Asunción de la Virgen) and 28 August
12 October (Día de Colon)
1 November (Día de Todos los Santos) and 26 November
3, 8 (Día de la Concepción Inmaculada), 10, 17, 24 (Christmas Eve), 31 December (New Year's Eve)
Permitted Sunday and bank holiday trading days - Costa del Sol
Any town that the Junta de Andalucia has designated ‘an Area of Great Tourist Influx' can open on additional Sundays. This applies to Sunday and holiday trading in the Costa del Sol towns and cities: Malaga, Marbella, Fuengirola, Estepona, Benalmádena, Torremolinos, Nerja, Rincón de la Victoria, Mijas and Manilva. It also applies to coastal resort towns on the Costa de la Luz and the Costa Almeria.
2 and 8 January (for New Year's Day and Three Kings' Day)
2 (Palm Sunday) 6 (Easter Thursday) 7 (Good Friday) 9 (Easter Sunday) April
2 May (Día del Trabajador)
June: every Sunday
July: every Sunday
August: every Sunday plus holidays on 15 and 19 August (Asunción de la Virgen and Feria de Málaga)
September: every Sunday
12 October (Día de Colon)
1 (Día de Todos los Santos) and 26 November
3, 8 (Día de la Concepción Inmaculada), 10, 17, 24 (Christmas Eve, the main celebration in Spain), 31 (New Year's Eve) December
Permitted Sunday and Bank Holidays trading days in 2023 - Inland Cities
The historic city centres of Almeria, Granada, Seville, Cordoba and Jerez de la Frontera are also 'Areas of Great Tourist Influx' and also have their additional holiday trading dates from the 'Andalucia-wide' list above. However these are generally related to Sundays and holidays during Easter week.
Shopping centres are generally open from 10.00 to 22.00 Monday to Saturday. They are also open for the same or slightly reduced trading hours on the Sundays and bank holidays listed above.