Tómbola de Trafalgar Natural Monument
The Tómbola de Trafalgar is a site of geological interest, with a small island joined to the mainland by a sandy tombolo, or bank of sand. The island is called the Cabo de Trafalgar, and its name became a household word after the famous 1805 Battle of Trafalgar.
On the Cabo (Cape) is a lighthouse and next to this are the remains of a Roman factory, which was used for the salting of fish, and a Moorish settlement.
The Cabo de Trafalgar can be reached by taking the side road that leads from the western end of Caños de Meca village.