Marbella has three one-Michelin-starred restaurants , the most famous of which is Dani Garcia's Calima (he is said to be the next Ferran Adria - cherry gazpacho with anchovies and queso fresco snow), in the Hotel Gran Melia Don Pepe. The town is home to over 600 more eateries, making it one of Andalucia's top culinary destinations. For smart dinners, Puerto Banus and the Golden Mile are the place to go, while trendier beachfront venues line the Paseo Maritimo. Down to earth tapas can be found in the atmospheric casco antiguo.
- Fact 1 - Marbella is heaven for foodies, with plenty of Michelin stars shining on its eating establishments.
- Fact 2 - Who used to spend 80 million euros on his summer holidays in Marbella with 3,000 close personal friends? Why, the late king of Saudi Arabia, of course.
- Fact 3 - A mild climate is one of Marbella's main attractions.
- Fact 4 - The life of colourful entrepreneur Jesus Gil y Gil seems too far-fetched to have been real.
- Fact 5 - How a German prince started Marbella's new life as a jetset resort