Mild in Marbella
One reason for Marbella´s popularity is its famously pleasant climate. Sheltered by the peaks of the Sierra Blanca mountain range (highest point,1.215m), which back onto the town, it has a micro-climate. This means that when surrounding areas experience cooler, or windier weather, the town is protected from such extremes. So while the waters may be choppy in nearby Gibraltar, Fuengirola or even next-door Estepona, Marbella will have a calm sea. It doesn't get too hot in summer - 29 degrees, while winter is a mild 12 degrees.
- Fact 1 - Marbella is heaven for foodies, with plenty of Michelin stars shining on its eating establishments.
- Fact 2 - Who used to spend 80 million euros on his summer holidays in Marbella with 3,000 close personal friends? Why, the late king of Saudi Arabia, of course.
- Fact 3 - A mild climate is one of Marbella's main attractions.
- Fact 4 - The life of colourful entrepreneur Jesus Gil y Gil seems too far-fetched to have been real.
- Fact 5 - How a German prince started Marbella's new life as a jetset resort