Fact 3 - Beach life
Beach life - Nerja has beaches galore - in town, and more isolated
Nerja has a great selection of beaches: the sandy half-moons of Playa del Salon (west of the Balcon de Europa, separated from it by cliffs), Calahonda (to its east), next-door Carabeo and Carabeillo, are all reached from the town itself. Then there's Burriana, popular for watersports, just beyond the headland and smaller coves to the east. Up the coast, down tracks off the N340 towards Granada, you'll find the deserted Cañuelo and Cantarrijan (just over the border in the neighbouring province).
- Fact 1 - Prehistoric caves, with the tallest natural pillar in the world
- Fact 2 - Head just inland from Nerja to the prettiest village in Andalucia
- Fact 3 - Nerja has beaches galore - in town, and more isolated
- Fact 4 - Wash your sins away at the Noche de San Juan beach party
- Fact 5 - See top international singers and dancers at the Festival Cueva de Nerja