Fact 2 - FRIGILIANAFrigiliana - Head just inland from Nerja to the prettiest village in Andalucia
Nerja offers an ideal base to explore the nearby mountainous region of Axarquia, famous for its dramatic scenery and unspoilt hilltop villages. The most famous of these is Frigiliana, 7km north of Nerja, voted the prettiest village in Andalucia. With its steep, cobbled streets and white-washed houses adorned with bright flowers, it offers the classic Spanish picture-postcard image. Look out for the pretty painted pottery, with flowers and Arabic designs.
- Fact 1 - Prehistoric caves, with the tallest natural pillar in the world
- Fact 2 - Head just inland from Nerja to the prettiest village in Andalucia
- Fact 3 - Nerja has beaches galore - in town, and more isolated
- Fact 4 - Wash your sins away at the Noche de San Juan beach party
- Fact 5 - See top international singers and dancers at the Festival Cueva de Nerja
Living in Andalucia