Fact 5 - Festival Central
|Joaquin Cortes, is a visual treat live on stage|
Festival Central - See top international singers and dancers at the Festival Cueva de Nerja
At the other end of the spectrum from San Juan, the Cueva de Nerja Festival (International Festival of Music and Dance), also in summer, is one of the most important cultural events on the Costa del Sol. It takes place in the famous caves (see Fact I) in late July/early August, and offers the biggest classical music and dance stars (Joaquin Cortes, Montserrat Caballe, Jose Carrera, Kiri Te Kanawa have all performed here). Not to be confused with the Feria de Nerja, in October, which is your typical four-day Andalucian flamenco-and-sherry wild party.
See Estrella Morente singing at the 2010 Festival Cueva de Nerja.
- Fact 1 - Prehistoric caves, with the tallest natural pillar in the world
- Fact 2 - Head just inland from Nerja to the prettiest village in Andalucia
- Fact 3 - Nerja has beaches galore - in town, and more isolated
- Fact 4 - Wash your sins away at the Noche de San Juan beach party
- Fact 5 - See top international singers and dancers at the Festival Cueva de Nerja