Tarifa - Fascinating fact 2 - Prince of Whales
These massive, majestic mammals swim between the Mediterranean (to the east, from the Costa del Sol across to Morocco) and the Atlantic (to the west, between the Costa de la Luz and Morocco) - the best months to see them are April to October. The different types you can see are: long-finned pilot whales, orcas (killer whales), sperm and fin whales, as well as striped, bottle-nose and common (now actually endangered) dolphins. You can also take one or two-week family courses in July with FIRMM, which include daily boat trips with their researchers, oceanography lectures, multimedia shows and snorkelling with a marine biologist.
- Fact 1 - The town's Moorish history is not surprising - it was the first point of invasion from nearby Africa
- Fact 2 - Not into high-adrenalin wetsuit experiences? Tarifa is also one of Europe's top whale-watching destinations
- Fact 3 - Morocco is just half an hour away - you can see it from Tarifa - so why not have a day out in Tangiers?
- Fact 4 - Why is Tarifa such an amazing place for wind-powered watersports?
- Fact 5 - One of the Romans' favourite delicacies was made near Tarifa.
- Tarifa - Fascinating Facts
Fascinating Facts - Home