WATER PARKS IN ANDALUCIA
by Fiona Flores Watson
Andalucia has a number of waterparks that are ideal for family fun in summer. Most are open from May/June to September.
The parks have a variety of zones: high-adrenalin water slides including Kamikaze (very steep, almost vertical) and Black Hole (covered tube); multi-lane slides where you can race against your friends; children's areas with shallow pools featuring mini-slides and fun activities; and, increasingly, parks also feature more relaxing wave pools with beaches, lagoons, and even jacuzzis.
A few points to be aware of:
- Many waterparks offer reduced entry or special discounts when booked online (plus often avoids waiting to buy tickets at entrance), and also in the afternoon
- Queues for rides are shorter in the hours when the parks first open - Spanish don't generally arrive anywhere before 11am or 12 midday
- Height minimum on rides varies between 1.10m and 1.35m - measure your children before you go, to avoid disappointment
- Some parks charge extra to hire the rubber tubes or inflatables you sit on to go down the rides
- Most waterparks charge for sunlounger hire
- All waterparks have a range of bars, cafes and restaurants (usually including pizza and hotdogs), many of which are expensive; only some allow picnics, so check before you go
- No glass bottles or tinned food allowed (as stated by official regulations for waterparks in Andalucia)
- Sunsuits/rashvests are still not widely used by Spanish, but are the best way to protect children from the sun, especially when they're in water for extended periods of time.
Marbella Wakeboard center ( was called Cable Ski Marbella) offers a unique water sport experience to young and old. Beginner to Advanced can have fun and a sense of achievement through a well… More →
Large park with kamikaze, body ski, twisting slides, adventure river and black hole, as well as wave pool and lake, plus children's area with pool and slides, and also mini-golf.
As well as the kamikaze, black hole, and rio bravo, this water park has a wave pool, and a new children's attraction for 2014 called Lizard Island, with small pools and showers, connected by paths… More →
This park is in Roquetas del Mar, near Salinas beach, on the southern coast of Almeria province. There are five rides for the family to enjoy here, including Rio Bravo, kamikaze and black hole.… More →
Waterpark located Just outside the port town of Algeciras. convenient for residents of Gibraltar, Tarifa and western end of the Costa del Sol. Get a buzz on the eight rides, including Gran… More →
Ten rides, including Fast River, black hole and foam slides; little kids’ pool. Jacuzzi and lake with waterfall will appeal to parents, as will VIP area: shady pergola on lawn with table, chairs,… More →
This “water city” (sister to the Aquopolis in Sevilla) in Huelva province has six rides, including a Torbellino, a huge bowl where you slide around the sides, and into the whirlpool at the bottom… More →
This park in Villafranca de Cordoba, near Cordoba city, has seven rides, including a black hole and kamikaze run, plus big kids' pool with small play feature, and "beach" pool. The water park has… More →
One of the largest, splashiest water-parks in the province, located in Torre del Mar. There are 21 different rides to choose from, including some super-fast slides (an 80m-high kamikaze), soft… More →
The smallest waterpark in Granada, located near the provincial capital itself, with just nine rides, but this is enough to keep all ages cooled, refreshed and entertained, including tiny tots who… More →
Numerous water rides and slides catering to all tastes, from the adrenaline junie to the gentle wallower in need of relaxation. Take your pick from the new rollercoaster-like boomerang, the… More →
Nine rides in this park in El Puerto de Santa Maria near Cadiz, including the Cola del Diablo black hole, and super-steep Banzai. Wavepool. Sea lions. Minipark and water play area for little ones… More →
This park isn't short of activities with a Wavepool, Kamikaze and Black Hole rides as well as a children's pool. Regarding on land activities, there is a play area with trampolines, inflatable… More →