Importing Electrical Goods

Importing Electrical Goods

All major brands of electrical good are available in Spain so it is not actually necessary to import anything.

The electricity Supply is 220 Volt and 50 cycles with a standard European two or three pin plug. All your other electrical goods should work fine, just change the plugs (preferable) or buy adapters available locally.

UK and American TV sound/vision separation is different from that in Spain and mainland Europe so you will only get sound OR vision. Televisions can be adapted but it not economic unless you are importing an expensive unit. An alternative easy is to buy a cheap video recorder locally and connect this to your UK TV with a SCART lead.

American residents must purchase a transformer to uprate their appliances from their 110 Volt to the European 220 Volt.


Living in Andalucia