Header Banner - Google Adsense

Moving to Andalucia

Spanish Mobile Telephone Operators

An overview of the Spanish Mobile Telephone Operators. Movistar the state incumbant, Vodafone, Orange and Mas Mobile have extensive mobil networks. Jazztel and many others offer their service by reselling operators networks.


Brexit has instigated a number of changes of UK National as visitors to the EU and Andalucia and present and future UK National residents and home-owners of Andalucia.   There are also changes for UK and Andalucia business conducting trade and offering services.   Many of the details of these changes is not known. It is the intention of this page to try and keep up to date with such info and changes.    

Spanish Visas

The 'Long term Visa or 'National Visa' is a collective name for the many different Visas that can be applied for by Non-EU Nationals who wish to reside, work or Study in Spain.'

Golden Visa

The Spanish Golden Visa is a special resident Visa directed towards Non-EU nationals investing in Spain as part of Europe. 

Non-EU National

Here are the main legal aspects to consider if you are a Non EU citizen moving to Spain.

EU Nationals

Here are the main legal aspects to consider if you are a EU National moving to Andalucia or Spain.

Property Services & Advice

Andalucía has so much to offer, it is hardly surprising that an ever-increasing number of people are seeking to establish a home here. For many, the climate is the chief deciding factor. The winters are mild and the summers hot without becoming oppressive. The province also boasts a wide variety of cities, coastal resorts and countryside. Whether you seek the jet set lifestyle of Marbella, the peace of a country retreat, or the Moorish grandeur of Granada. Andalucia has it all, and more.


Education is a primary concern for families relocating to Spain. For many children and young people, arriving in Spain and starting at a new school can be daunting at first, especially with a new language to learn.Andalucia offers a complete state school system from three to 18 years - three to five years is Infantil; six to 12 years Primaria; 12 to 18 Secundaria (ESO and Bacillerato) .

Spanish Taxes

As little as twenty years ago, tax evasion was a way of life in Spain and almost encouraged. Not any more! During the last decade, Spanish taxes have increased dramatically, particularly income tax. Although overall taxation remains reasonably low and is still less than the EU average, the gap is closing fast.

Removals & Storage

If you are planning to move to or from Spain from another country, there are numerous companies ready and willing to pack you up and deliver you to your new doorstep. From other parts of Europe, your belongings can make the transcontinental trip in an industrial-sized lorry as either a full or partial load. From the United States, large moves are best made by contracting either a full or partial shipping container.

Planning the Move

Whether you are moving across the street or to the other side of Andalucia, good organization and planning will take a lot of stress out of the process. Take some time to sit down and think through the things you'll need to do ahead of time; a little time spent now will save you a lot later. Once you have the move date you can put your plans into action.

What to bring

If you are coming from overseas, there are a few special considerations you should keep in mind. Even if you are coming from a country that speaks Spanish (or you speak Spanish), there will be a multitude of changes for you to assimilate in the beginning, and anything you can do to lessen that will help you adapt more quickly.

Legal Aspects

Here are the main legal aspects to consider if you are going to move to Spain.

Importing Possessions

There are only formalities for Non EU citizens. When they move to Spain they may import their household possessions free of customs duty. This is a once only concession. It is not dependent on the purchase of property. You will have to make a deposit of about 50% of the value of the goods which can be reclaimed within a year on production of a residence permit. The form can be obtained from your local Spanish consulate.

Importing Electrical Goods

All major brands of electrical good are available in Spain so it is not actually necessary to import anything. The electricity Supply is 220 Volt and 50 cycles with a standard European two or three pin plug. All your other electrical goods should work fine, just change the plugs (preferable) or buy adapters available locally.

Family Moves

If you are moving as a family, the area where you decide to live will have a big impact upon your lifestyle, so there are a few things you should think about before you begin to look at houses. If you choose to live in the centre of the town or city you have chosen, which is a common choice in Andalucia, you will have access to all the shops and services you should need, many within walking distance, and others by taking public transport.

Non-EU Driving Licences

EU citizens are allowed to use their home country drivers' licenses whilst a tourist in Spain. If you are living in Spain and use your home country drivers' licenses you may be asked to document your absence from Spain in the last six months or face a fine of 300 euros. If you are driving a vehicle you own on Spanish registration you must also carry some form of Spanish language license.

Importing a Car

Any national taking up residence in Spain will be exempt from Import Duties. Importing is simple however the re-registraton process is very complicated.

TIE Residence Cards

The Royal Decree 240/2007 requires that everybody planning to reside in Spain for more than six months should obtain a Residence Certificate or Card at the local Oficina de Extranjeros.  The TIE card is issued to Non-EU foreigners legally resident in Spain, hence it is a useful document to have to prove your status.