Iglesia de Santa María
It is believed that this church occupies the site where numerous other sanctuaries have stood over time. There is therefore likely to have been a Roman temple dedicated to Caesar Augusto here, as well as the Major Mosque of the Alcázar de Aryuna, Christianized after the Christian Re-conquest by King Fernando III in 1244. The church dates from the first half of the sixteenth century and has a single ship with a cruise. Since 1843, it has held the images of the Patrons of Arjona, San Bonoso and San Maximiano, and that of Santa María del Alcázar, who was also the patron saint of the town. Its current appearance is the result of reforms after its destruction in 1936. Located in Plaza Santa María.