Orange and Cod Salad
- 3 1/2 oz/ 100 g dry salt cod
- 6 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (red onion if possible)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- a few red pepper flakes (optional)
- 50 g green or black olives
Toast the salt cod over a flame or under the grill until it is lightly browned and softened. Put it in a bowl of water while preparing the remaining ingredients. Arrange the orange and onion slices on a plate. Whisk the garlic with the oil, vinegar and red pepper flakes. Drain the cod and remove all skin and bones. Shred it and add to the salad. Sprinkle the dressing over the salad and garnish with the olives.
Makes 12-14 tapa servings.
(The codfish used in this salad is bacalao, dry salt cod. You can substitute well-drained canned tuna.)