Seville City - Fascinating Fact 1
1) SEVILLANO PRIDE AND PREJUDICE
Sevillanos are very well-known, throughout Spain and the wider world, for their fierce pride in their city.
They are, first and foremost, from Seville; secondly, from Andalucia; and a distant third, from Spain. Goings on in Madrid are of little interest to a Sevillano, while Barcelona may as well be in another country. For them, life revolves around tapas (see below, Anyone for Tapas?), bullfighting, Semana Santa and Feria. In the summer, there´s the beach - in Cadiz or Huelva regions and all winter long, they discuss and plan their Feria outfit endlessly - colour, cut, hem length and accessories, with the atmosphere reaching fever pitch as Spring arrives and the whirlwind of Seville´s annual social events season gets under way.
Sevillanos see no need to venture beyond their Sevilla, where things stay the same year after year, and change is not generally welcomed. Visitors to Seville will find this attitude both endearing and exasperating, but always intriguing.
Seville City - More Fascinating Facts
- Fact 1 - Sevillano pride and predudice.
- Fact 2 - Sevilla on the sliver screen.
- Fact 3 - Anyone for tapas?
- Fact 4 - Three Roman emperors were born just outside Seville.
- Fact 5 - Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition in Seville.
- Fact 6 - Seville's sign of the times.
- Fact 7 - The Cathedral-Colombus controversy.
- Fact 8 - The six bridges of Seville's Expo.
- Fact 9 - Oranges and Lemons.
- Fact 10 - Two faces of Seville.
- Seville City - Fascinating Facts - Home
Fascinating Facts - Home