Iglesia de San Agustín - Cadiz
The church is part of the earlier Convent of San Agustín, of which only the old cloister is preserved, along with some rooms, and the chapel.
The building work of the convent began in 1617, and were completed only thirty years later, in 1647.
Its external marble doorway, made in 1647 in Mannerist style, is notable. Inside it has a neoclassical main altarpiece, by architect Pedro Ángel Albizu, with images from the seventeenth century and paintings by Domingo Álvarez.
It also has some very important relics, such as the Santísimo Cristo de la Buena Muerte, attributed by some authors to Martínez Montañés and by others to Alonso Cano, and the Cristo de la Humildad y Paciencia, the work of Jacinto Pimentel.
Until recently, the large cloister of the convent adjoining the church belonged to the Instituto de Enseñanza Nuestra Señora del Rosario.
Located on Calle Rosario.