RIVER WALKING IN ANDALUCIA
In Andalucia there are many rivers where you can enjoy a pleasant walk and a relaxing swim surrounded by nature. The best time is undoubtedly summer, although it is also an option in late spring or early autumn.
Some of the most beautiful rivers to make these routes are:
- Rio Chillar near Nerja, Coast del Sol
- Angosturas near Benahavis, Costa del Sol
- Rio Genal near Jubrique, (Serrania de Ronda)
- Charco Azul near Genalguacil, (Serrania de Ronda)
- Fuente del Río, Cabra, (Cordoba)
- Las Chorreras, Río Verde, (Granada)
- Manantial de Fuencaliente, Huéscar (Granada)
- Cascada de la Cimbarra, Aldeaquemada (Jaén)
See also our Wild Swimming Page which features the best wild swimming location including lakes and inland beaches.