|Bullfight in Torremolinos|
Traditional Festivals in Torremolinos
Like all the towns in Andalucia Torremolinos celebrates numerous traditional festivals. Here are some of the more important.
See our festival page for more background information on these festivals.
- Carnivals (Feburary)
- Holy Week (March)
- Crosses of May, (early May)
- Corpus Christi (June)
- Saint John's Eve (23 June)
- Virgen del Carmen (16 July) Celebrated in La Carihuela
- Romaneria (end September)
- Summer Feria centers around Saint Michaels day (September 29) the towns patron saint.
The Day of the Tourist (end Sept) is a more moderate but equally important concept. The town hall will organise free events such as entertainment and the cooking of a huge Paella.
An important annual event in Torremolinos is the Spanish Ballroom Dancing Championships which takes place in October in the Congress Palace. Mr and Mrs Banderas (Antonio's parents) took a great interest, they won one year.